CRM 2013 Auto Save RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding CRM 2013 Auto Save . I am using CRM 2013 Online Instance. Auto Save is Disabled across the system. But if Open a record e.g Lead  and I do a change (I haven't still clicked on the Save Button)  and then go back to the Grid View (without saving the record) it will saves the changes I did.

It doesn't make much scene . In 2011 if we do the same process I will get a Warning Message stating I am exiting the form without saving . Is there any setting i need to do to disable this feature .

Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:09 AM

All replies

• Even when you've disabled autosave - it still fires when closing a windowed record or navigating off a record. There isn't any setting to change this functionality. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:48 AM
  • Hi Thanks for the reply . Can this be handled via JavaScript
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:05 AM
  • I have not tried this with the auto-save feature now. But the idea is

1. Attached Form unload event through script.

2. In the script check for isDirty and take necessary action.

I am just not sure if the auto save happens before unload.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:02 AM
  • In the CRM 2013 SDK, there's an example of the JavaScript needed to disable the auto-save on close option.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:57 PM
  • And in the next UR this will be fixed:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2919956/en-us

•   Disabling Auto-Save does not disable Auto-Save when you try to navigate away from a form before you save the form.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:57 PM