Trojan Zlob can't be quarantined or cleaned RRS feed

• Question

• I picked up a trojan downloader last night that was extremely difficult to stop. One Care tried to clean the file and then the needed action was to scan my computer. Even during the scan process, the only window I could not close out was the one downloading the virus.

Now, One Care's scan report says there is no potential harmfull files. I did a support log and the Zlob.gen!AV has been detected but could not be quaranteened. It continues to show that is still detected....only now that the files are damaged, too.

I am having trouble finding info to get rid of this thing, it's the first time I've ever had a virus and my computer is 6 years old. Windows One Care, I thought, would be the next anti virus protection I'd purchase.....but, so far, is the only one that got me infected. And, can't fix it. Plus, I don't really have the time to learn about what ever it is going to take for me to do the cleaning myself.

I went to SpyNoMore virus dection and removal sight, where it was detected to be in my computer still. I do know where it is from the support log, but I don't really know a whole lot about files/registry and don't want to mess with something i could end up just making worse.

Is there someone that can help me.....sooooooo grateful 4 U

susan  

Monday, March 17, 2008 8:05 PM

Answers

All replies