Cannot get my Asus Desktop to identify or pick up cell phone RRS feed

• Question

• My husband has a Samsung Galaxy Express.  Our wireless router works just fine with the television in the living room (LCD/LED Samsung Smart TV) and the Playstation 3 in the house, no problems with the X-Box but the Wi-Fi Server willnot recognize my husbands Samsung Galaxy Express.  I have tried to fix this using my own knowledge but now.....I am obessing about it as he an connect to any hotspot anywhere in the world. He uses virtually no data .... ZERO.......except at our home.  AT&T told me that the ONLY PLACE THAT SHOW DATA USE IS IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD.   I asked them what I could do about it and all I was told was to fix my wi-fi to allow his cell phone access to our services.  I've worked with Charter (our cable & Internet provider) and AT&T....they can't figure it our. 

Am I stupid because I can't even get the computer to acknowledge or recognize the phone (Samsung Galaxy Express) when I go through the recognition of printers & devices in the control panel......I knew I had been out of the loop since I am disabled and haven't worked in ten years but.....OMG, I feel like I am out ther in lala land because I can't do anything as simple as get the computer to recognize the device and not use his entire data pkg at home.

Please help before I pull every hair out of my head.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

• Moved by Just Karl Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:12 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Sunday, March 2, 2014 3:13 AM

Answers

• Might try them over here.

Windows Phone on Microsoft Answers

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Sunday, June 8, 2014 4:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Friday, June 13, 2014 10:53 PM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:18 AM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:11 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C40686F746D61696C2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:06 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:11 PM
  • Might try them over here.

Windows Phone on Microsoft Answers

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:18 AM