off topic - multi connections to the internet RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

i have been running a home network for my laptop to connect through the network to the internet. I now also have a mobile broadband connection for the laptop. how do i tell the laptop to connect through the home network on the home wireless card as it always defaults to the mobile card even when the home wireless is connected. I have much more download capicity at home than I do on mobile

Is it possible  to have multiple connection choices

thanks

kevin

Saturday, October 4, 2008 12:37 AM

All replies

•  Kevin Heazlewood wrote:

i have been running a home network for my laptop to connect through the network to the internet. I now also have a mobile broadband connection for the laptop. how do i tell the laptop to connect through the home network on the home wireless card as it always defaults to the mobile card even when the home wireless is connected. I have much more download capicity at home than I do on mobile

Is it possible  to have multiple connection choices

thanks

kevin

You'll need to select the mobile broadband connection and disable it in order for the wifi connection to take precedence. There may be settings for your mobile broadband adapter or software to configure it to only connect if no wifi connection is available.

Note that you are off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 7:09 PM