I Lost My Restore Disc That Had My Windows XP Home Edition OS On It. RRS feed

• Question

• Now, since one day I was online and my computer completely crashed! I attempted to run a scandisk and fix  errors, "if any" that may have been on my hard drive but no luck at all.

It actually started to go to a blank screen with a blinking cursor on the top left hand corner. Nothing would work and I do not have the ability to restore my hard drive and OS.

I have a Genuine Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade I attempted to use that belonged to my brother in the same house hold, just to see if that would work but, it stated, "That There Was No Windows OS Found On My Hard Drive".

I don't know what to do. On the side of my tower, I do have a Genuine, Windows XP Home Edition Valid Product Key Code that is affixed by a labled sticker with HP in Bold Black Lettering.

Please Help Me. :(
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 9:11 AM

Answers

• "Soldier_of_The_Lord" wrote in message news:f71bbd49-271f-46ae-9477-50666107eb82...
    Now, since one day I was online and my computer completely crashed! I attempted to run a scandisk and fix  errors, "if any" that may have been on my hard drive but no luck at all.

It actually started to go to a blank screen with a blinking cursor on the top left hand corner. Nothing would work and I do not have the ability to restore my hard drive and OS.

I have a Genuine Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade I attempted to use that belonged to my brother in the same house hold, just to see if that would work but, it stated, "That There Was No Windows OS Found On My Hard Drive".

I don't know what to do. On the side of my tower, I do have a Genuine, Windows XP Home Edition Valid Product Key Code that is affixed by a labled sticker with HP in Bold Black Lettering.

Please repost your problem to the more appropriate Windows Answers Recovery forum here....

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:06 PM
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:23 AM

All replies

• I am running an HP Pavilion a1020n and I Have The Product #: PS583AA, if that helps any?
    Soldier_of_The_Lord
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 9:29 AM
  • "Soldier_of_The_Lord" wrote in message news:f71bbd49-271f-46ae-9477-50666107eb82...
    Now, since one day I was online and my computer completely crashed! I attempted to run a scandisk and fix  errors, "if any" that may have been on my hard drive but no luck at all.

Please repost your problem to the more appropriate Windows Answers Recovery forum here....

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:06 PM
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:23 AM
  • Unfortunately, your computer is over six years old and no longer supported.  Consider purchasing a new modern computer that comes with Windows 7 preinstalled.  Here are some examples.
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:45 PM
  • Hey There Carey, Thanks for responding to my post. I know how old my computer and system is. The fact is, is that if I had the money to upgrade, I would've never even tried to attempt to find a solution for the problems that I am having with it. Back to the issue at hand , "The one I originally posted here on this thread". All that I am searching for on the web is a solution to the issues I am having with my system. 1.) My computer crashed one day while I was online. I believe it was an attack of some sort. However, I was running a VERY good Internet Security Suite that was provided to me through Comcast as a paying customer. It is Norton Security Suite With XFINITY Constant Guard! 2.) My computer froze up and went to a blue screen with a blinking cursor on the top right side. I then, attempted to fix the problem by restarting my computer manually by pressing the on/off button to force the restart because, it was frozen. 3.) Then, after it shut down, I turned it back on and it attempted to automatically run the Scandisk to check for errors on my hardrive which it did. It fixed some but, gave me a message that their were more than one clusters "I believe", that had problems restoring. So, I figured that this is where my stored OS and drivers were kept. 4.) I attempted to use a restore cd disc that was laying around but, I really couldn't confirm that if it was the exact disc for my desktop so, I used it and it seemed like it worked but, did the same thing over again. It started restarting over and over stating that, "Please reinsert the OS restore disc and press enter. I am just looking for the correct restore disc for my computer, which is a HP a1020n Desktop Computer. I have the OS that was installed "Windows XP Home Edition By HP's Authentic Key Pass Code". It came pre-installed with my computer.
    Soldier_of_The_Lord
    Thursday, September 1, 2011 6:27 PM