CRM 2011 over Internet RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I’m new to CRM and have what I think is a quite straightforward question.

My company want me to migrate their existing CRM 4.0 deployment to CRM 2011.  I’m going to migrate to new hardware at the same time.

Our users can currently connect to our CRM 4.0 deployment over the Internet when they are out of the office simply by going to the same URL as they use internally and logging on with their Windows credentials.

I’m struggling to understand whether we’ll still use this Windows Authentication method once we’ve migrated to CRM 2011, or if I absolutely have to deploy AD Federation Services 2.0 and run through the CRM 2011 IFD wizard?

Our CRM deployment is only ever used by our domain users.  We have no requirement to make it available to external users who do not have a domain account.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice that anyone can offer.

R

Monday, February 18, 2013 11:49 AM

Answers

• It is not needed to do anything! If your in-company users use AD users for login, simply set an IP valid on another LAN card of you server. Users at home could define their own AD credentials at windows "credential manager". Then, when browsing to the defined IP valid they could work with their accounts in CRM.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

• Marked as answer by Rossyd75 Monday, February 18, 2013 1:51 PM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 12:26 PM

All replies

• It is not needed to do anything! If your in-company users use AD users for login, simply set an IP valid on another LAN card of you server. Users at home could define their own AD credentials at windows "credential manager". Then, when browsing to the defined IP valid they could work with their accounts in CRM.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

• Marked as answer by Rossyd75 Monday, February 18, 2013 1:51 PM
    Monday, February 18, 2013 12:26 PM
  • Hi Payman,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post.

R

Monday, February 18, 2013 1:52 PM