Clients not recognising server when it wakes from hibernation RRS feed

• Question

• I installed WHS back in September and included the Lights Out add on to control on/off times. It has all been working fine until last week. It is set to come on at 6pm and hibernate at 10pm in the week and 7 am to 10 pm at weekends. Otherwise it just wakes from hibernation when a client is switched on.

However, all of a sudden the clients can't see the server when it wakes from hibernation - the WHS connector icon in the system tray on the client is grey and reports not connected - and I have to reboot the server after which it is fine until it next goes into hibernation.

at shutdown last night the logs for lights out seem normal and are LOservice starts hibernate and LOservice stopping DriveExtenderMigrator. Then at start up tonight LOservice starting DriveExtenderMigrator and PowerEvent:Resumne Automatic

The only error reported is as below (yesterday and today) but there is no similar error on Friday/Saturday when I was also having this problem

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: (100)
    Event ID: 1004
    Date: 16/02/2009
    Time: 17:39:45
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    Description:
    Reporting queued error: faulting application wmccds.exe, version 6.0.1800.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0002caa2.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: (100)
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 15/02/2009
    Time: 10:24:13
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    Description:
    Faulting application wmccds.exe, version 6.0.1800.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x0002caa2.

Any ideas?
    Jon
    Monday, February 16, 2009 6:51 PM

Answers

• I'm going to recommend you check with the author of the Lights Out add-in. Hibernating your server is unsupported by Microsoft, so presumably the author will have a better idea of what may be going on.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, February 16, 2009 6:55 PM