Movie Maker Capture Video RRS feed

• Question

• I have XP with SP2 with all downloads up to date. Recently when I try to use the "Capture" feature in Movie Maker I get an error message. The first time when I clicked "More information" I was told to download a Windows program that disabled Dr. Watson, but that did nothing.  I have several times totally reformatted my hard disk and used a disk that came with my Emachine to restore the computer to as when I brought it from the store.  Did not help.  I bought another Capture Video Card and removed the old one.  No help.   I am truly frustrated, because the "Capture Video" feature of Movie Maker is something I used often.  When I get the error message I always click "Send It", but that is a useless exercise.

I am at a loss as to what to try.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I fear even if I bought a new computer I would get the same error when I tried to Capture with movie maker.  When I open the control panel and Add & Remove programs, Movie Maker is not listed so I cannot even take it out and used as third party capture profgram.  (I have one, but with Movie Maker still on the computer, I get the same error message.)

Please does anyone have any suggestions?

Bill

Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:35 PM

Answers

• This is the Windows Home Server forum - please redirect your question to either the Windows XP forum or the Movie Maker forum (if one exists).

Andrew

Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:16 AM