How to customize "create opportunity for marketing list members" RRS feed

• Question

• I've been searching for awhile to bulk insert quotes and orders in CRM 4. So far the create opportunity for marketing list members does most of what I need. I created marketing list with all Company in our test database. Then click "Create Opportunities" button and then it created an opportunity for every Company record. I now need this process to add a quote or order with products. The quote or order will be identical for all companies in marketing list.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get started? I'm guessing customize Opportunity form with new tab to select products then plugin to create quote or order with the products selected on opportunity save.

I tried searching the SDK and the web for more info on the create opportunity for marketing list members process but can't find anything.

Thanks

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 3:00 PM

Answers

• Here are my thoughts:

1. Requirement 1 - Create quote and order when an opportunity is created. You may create a workflow to do so. Alternatively you can write plug-in code, but obviously workflow takes less effort. 
    2. Requirement 2 - Add quote product and order product when an opportunity product is added. You cannot achieve this easily by out-of-box workflow features. You may write custom workflow code or plug-in code to do the job. The efforts are not much different for either approach. 

Daniel Cai | http://danielcai.blogspot.com
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 12:26 PM