WHS Network Connection Crash when hosting server apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I run a simple server applications on my WHS and I am trying to troubleshoot the crashing. What is driving me insane is that the application doesnt crash, instead the network connection of the WHS turns off, requiring me to pull out the LAN cable and put it back in again, thus fixing the problem.

I have a limited upload connection but running the same server on my PC doesn't cause this. I have turned off windows firewall and attempted to add QoS Packet Schedular and Network Load Balancing to the LAN connection properties but still no solution.

Help would really be appreciated!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 7:17 AM

Answers

• It sounds to me like the network interface card in your server, or it's drivers, aren't up to the task.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:57 AM

All replies

• It sounds to me like the network interface card in your server, or it's drivers, aren't up to the task.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:57 AM
  • Yeah that would make sense, pity because its a new system but as long as its not a WHS restriction then I feel a bit better !
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:56 AM
  • It not Windows Home Server, no. It could be you have a driver that doesn't work properly under Windows Server 2003 (the underlying OS), or there could be a problem with firmware on the NIC, or many other possibilities.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:00 PM