OneNote 2007 backup with OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I use Live Onecare and OneNote 2007 with Vista. When I perform a backup using Onecare are my OneNote files backed up too? Onecare is set to backup my document files.
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 3:07 AM

Answers

• Your OneNote files should be included in One Care backups. To verify, choose custom restore>restore by file type, find the OneNote file extension which I believe is .one. If the file extension is listed you are probably ok but you can complete the verification by restoring the files to a folder on your desktop then browsing them.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 3:32 PM

All replies

• Your OneNote files should be included in One Care backups. To verify, choose custom restore>restore by file type, find the OneNote file extension which I believe is .one. If the file extension is listed you are probably ok but you can complete the verification by restoring the files to a folder on your desktop then browsing them.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 3:32 PM
  • I found the files and verified by restoring one and it worked perfectly. OneNote has become so important to me that I had to be sure the data was recoverable. OneCare and OneNote (on a tablet pc) are outstanding programs. Thanks Jim.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 2:36 PM
  • You are welcome. In theory the OneNote files should be automatically included in One Care backups but because I don't use OneNote verifying their inclusion was the only way to know for sure.
    Sunday, July 12, 2009 3:19 PM