The blog-page is a joke ! RRS feed

• Question

• The blog on http://windowsonecare.spaces.live.com/ is a joke.

The last update was on July 11, 2007

Is this what communication is about ? I don't think so.

• Why does it not contain some news about the things that keep the devopment team busy ?
    • Why does it not contain some news about the latest changes in the version that our systems were updated with ? so that we can pay attention to the improvements that were added ?
    Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• You might find the One Care Wiki on Channel 9 more to your liking - http://channel9.msdn.com/wiki/default.aspx/OneCare.HomePage

Sunday, August 19, 2007 2:09 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback. I, too, wish that the blog were updated more frequently.

-steve

Monday, August 20, 2007 1:42 AM
  • The OneCare Wiki has nothing to do with a "change history" that I was referring to JimR1.

The OneCare team has to treat us like Beta-Testers, and that is not the way they are doing now.

- they do not inform us about what they are doing (what changes they are working on)

- they do not tell us what has been changed when they throw a new build at us

- they do not tell us what they are doing with our remarks

In other words

- they are doing exactly what they are liking to do, and I really wonder what that may be

- they treat us like "be nice and keep quite", "be happy that you can use our betas" - my goodness !

- they are selfish and arrogant (they are the geniuses, we are nothing but riff-raff), at least that is my feeling about their attitude toward their beta testers.

I really have had it with that develeopment team

- this is NOT beta-testing the way it should be, it is not even beta testing at all !

Monday, August 20, 2007 6:32 PM
  • MS-Adict:

Your original post was a valid statement about communications. I agreed with you.

In my experience, Microsoft rarely publishes a change log for bugs fixed or other changes when pushing a new build. In fact, they generally don't publish this detail for a version change. It is a nice wish for us, but it really isn't needed.

Your 3 points under "In other words" are without merit. Microsoft employees working on OneCare have been very active in this forum during the beta. I've been beta testing for over 20 years now - not all of it for Microsoft, but I can tell you that the communication from the OneCare developers to the community is quite good. And, I personally know that the OneCare developers are very interested in just about everything being posted here and submitted to Connect in order to improve the product.

I'm getting very weary of replying to your rants. It is okay to dislike things about the product and the beta process. Communicating those dislikes in a constructive manner will help improve the product and the beta process. It is quite another to rant and rave at every opportunity.

-steve

Monday, August 20, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Don't worry, I will not post again - and this time I really mean it.

I have given food for thought to the dev.team via this forum, at several occasions.

It is up to the team now to do something with it. I am afraid that they will ignore it though.

I have been maybe a bit brutal from time to time.

I have he impression that the dev.team considers anything less than that to be a congratulation.

That's all.

Good luck with OneCare, it will become a very good program.

But this will only become true if the dev.team gets replaced by a team that keeps the target-user in mind.

And a last suggestion to the forum moderators : stop being the lap-dogs of the dev.team - it will not pay off at the end. 

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:06 PM
  •  MS-adict wrote:

Hi Steve,

Don't worry, I will not post again - and this time I really mean it.

I have given food for thought to the dev.team via this forum, at several occasions.

It is up to the team now to do something with it. I am afraid that they will ignore it though.

When you aren't ranting, you make valid points. If you are using the OneCare beta, you should feel free to continue to post, just please eliminate the rants and attacks. They aren't brutal, they are simply uncalled for.

Yes, you, and others have provided valuable feedback and the development team listens. Just today I read a post from Neeraj regarding the fact that they have made a change regarding the network status notifications being removed in response to feedback here in the forums. They don't ignore feedback, they value it and act on it when they can.

MS-adict wrote:
    And a last suggestion to the forum moderators : stop being the lap-dogs of the dev.team - it will not pay off at the end. 

I can assure you that I am not a lap-dog to anyone. The Program Managers that I have had personal contact with have experienced my honest and sometimes strong opinions.

-steve

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:12 AM