new windows xp genuine advantage bought now has validation issues/internet freezing RRS feed

• Question

• i purchaced xp genuine advantage from the internet {from the official site.} and now when i turn my computer on it comes up with  a messege of my windows isn't valudated. how do i fix this? i have my 25 code.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:29 PM

Answers

• Good Morning Jackie :-),

Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the results as Dan posted. We will then be able to analyze what problems you are experiencing so we may try and resolve the situation.

Take care

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, March 16, 2009 5:22 PM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hello Jackie,

We request all users initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool to try and identify the issue you may be having.

Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into your reply to this post.

Next, tell us about the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) for your Windows. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, Tablet, or Media Center?
    2. For installations of XP that came with the computer (OEM):
        2a. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
        2b. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    3. For installations of XP purchased at retail, does the retail package have the CoA on the outer boxtop, and the Product Key printed on an orange label inside the folder that came in the box?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key that may be printed on the CoA.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

Please visit this page for detailed information and images of CoAs:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/content.aspx?displaylang=en&pg=coa

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:48 AM
  • Good Morning Jackie :-),

Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the results as Dan posted. We will then be able to analyze what problems you are experiencing so we may try and resolve the situation.

Take care

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, March 16, 2009 5:22 PM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 4:39 PM