none
Which Technology to get on ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm to start my carrier in the field right 2 days from now, I'm a bit confused on which platform/technology should i move on.
    I've interest in JAVA, Android Application Development and being a DBA. In which of these shall i make my carrier ?
    Any suggestions ? Please....
    Tuesday, January 1, 2013 8:12 AM

Answers

• There is a huge difference between becoming a DBA, where you would administer databases so you would spend your time giving commands to the computers, and being a Java/Android developer, where you would spend your time writing and debugging code. So what is your vocation? Do you want to write code? Or do you prefer to spend time monitoring computers, changing configuration options, making backups and so on? Or in other words, do you want to be a developer or an administrator?

If you really don't know, and both alternatives look attractive to you, then go to a site that advertises job opportunities and cont the number of ads that match each of your choices. Then go for the one that is in greatest demand. But I think that you really should have a better idea as to what you want to be doing in the future before you make such a decission.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 7:45 PM

All replies

• There is a huge difference between becoming a DBA, where you would administer databases so you would spend your time giving commands to the computers, and being a Java/Android developer, where you would spend your time writing and debugging code. So what is your vocation? Do you want to write code? Or do you prefer to spend time monitoring computers, changing configuration options, making backups and so on? Or in other words, do you want to be a developer or an administrator?

If you really don't know, and both alternatives look attractive to you, then go to a site that advertises job opportunities and cont the number of ads that match each of your choices. Then go for the one that is in greatest demand. But I think that you really should have a better idea as to what you want to be doing in the future before you make such a decission.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 7:45 PM
  • Although not directly answers your question but this thread might give you some pointers -
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/CertGeneral/thread/ddfeab85-a391-4220-8daa-3b0c5aca44b8

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.
    Thanks!
    Aalam | Blog (http://aalamrangi.wordpress.com)

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 8:33 PM