My folders are empty on my local machine...... RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason all the files inside me Documents/Expression/Expression Blend Projects  are missing.
    Hallf of the project folders are there, but there are no files inside any of them
    BUT if I look at my Live Desktop, I see all the files and folders.

Not seeing this problem anywhere else besides in the Expression folder.
    All of the rest of my Doc seem to be in place.

Any ideas?
    Kind of scary since this folder by far has my most important work in it.

s>
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 8:51 PM

Answers

• Check the Recycle Bin on the machine with the missing files and also the notifier for Live Mesh. Losing data, if this was caused by Live Mesh, is something that the Live Mesh team will want to investigate, so submitting a bug report wth logs is the way to go. Instructions in the following post:

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:33 AM

All replies

• Check the Recycle Bin on the machine with the missing files and also the notifier for Live Mesh. Losing data, if this was caused by Live Mesh, is something that the Live Mesh team will want to investigate, so submitting a bug report wth logs is the way to go. Instructions in the following post:

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 12:33 AM
  • Hey Stephen.
    I don't see the folders in the Recycle Bin or anything in the notifier.  Who knows when this happened.
    Also, The missing files/folders are still on my other Meshed rigs, just not the office one.......so so weird....

I kind of remembering that this happened once before also.

s>
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 6:57 PM
  • Also, since the studio rig still has the files I RAR'd them up for safe keeping.
    I see on the office rig in the notifier that the studio rig added that new file to the mesh but that file is no where to be seen in the folder on the office rig still.

It's almost as if the files are there but hidden.
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 7:07 PM
  • That is odd. Have you had a chance to submit the bug report with logs? If so, can you post a link to the bug here?
    Thanks.
    -steve
    Monday, August 3, 2009 12:33 AM
  • Not yet,  where do I do that?

One more insteresting thing.
    If I add a file to one of those folders on that rig.  It shows in the News that is was added.  If I look back at it 5 min later, the file is now gone with zero news it was ever deleted on the notifier.
    If I try and add the same file again, it doesn't ask to replace since the file is truly gone.  It shows in the notifier it added it again and once again 5 mins later it's gone.

It's like a Mesh Black Hole......8)
    Monday, August 3, 2009 6:05 PM
  • That is really strange.

Bug report instructions can be found here:

-steve

Monday, August 3, 2009 7:11 PM