Echo mode: Accidental delete of file(s) on right are NOT re-copied during future syncs. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Let's say I have 1 LHS directory with 4 files, and I have already run the initial sycn to the RHS directory...now they are exact.

I accidentally delete a file in the RHS directory.  Now I run a Sync.  I would expect the sync to compare the two sides and determine that the file is missing on the RHS (but not on the LHS), thus it should be considered a NEW file and copy it over.

It does not do this however...instead it ignores the fact.  Now IF I update this file on the LHS, THEN it will copy it over OK (but I have a feeling it does this ONLY because it changed on the LHS, not because it finally found it missing on the RHS).  Is this a bug?  A design decision? Future implementation?

Thanks,

Kris

Friday, October 3, 2008 2:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Kris -

This is "By Design" though we have had a lot of people on the forums asking for the same functionality. You are also correct that the file moved from the left to the right only because of a change to the file on the left.

We will look into adding this functionality in the future.

Thanks

Deepa

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Kris -

This is "By Design" though we have had a lot of people on the forums asking for the same functionality. You are also correct that the file moved from the left to the right only because of a change to the file on the left.

We will look into adding this functionality in the future.

Thanks

Deepa

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:08 PM
  • I think a ReEcho would be nice. Then you could recopy the deleted files to the RHS from the LHS if you need to. Echo would leave the deleted RHS files deleted.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 9:19 AM