Errors deleting and New RRS feed

• Question

• My desktop computer has Windows 7 Professional and I have installed SyncToys 2.1 to keep my documents files on my laptop synchronised.  The laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium.  After several attepmts I have yet to synchronise.

As there was a considerable time difference between the Documents folders on each computer using Windows Explorer I copied all my document files from the desktop, being up-to-date, to the laptop.  I then created several new files on the desktop.  It is the subsequent attempts to synchronise that have failed.  The errors are:

Active: ticked Operation: Delete Error: Cannot write to the destination file. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT (E_ACCESSDENIED)) Deleting \\MYLAPTOP|My Documents\My Pictures\Sample Pictures\Desert.jpg
    There are eight similar errors the only difference being the filename.  

Error: Unknown error. Access is denied. Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) Copying C:\Users\Myname\Documents\2009report.doc to \\MYLAPTOP\My Documents\2009report.doc
    There are 6 similar errors the only difference being the filename.

I am the sole user with Administrator rights for both computers and I am at a complete loss to understand why access is being denied across the network.  I must be missing something but what?  Is there any procedure I can follow?  Any advice will be gratefully received.

Malcolm Walker
    Friday, March 26, 2010 9:41 PM

Answers

• All is well and I have resolved the issue by Leaving the Homegroup on both computers.  SyncToy then successfully synchronised the files.
    Malcolm Walker
    Friday, March 26, 2010 11:09 PM