CRM2011 - Data Extract RRS feed

• Question

• We are going to be decommissioning CRM2011 and essentially starting a fresh with CRM2015 online.

We DONT have a requirement to migrate data etc, but we do have a requirement to archive / extract emails related to Case use.  The solution so far has been to create a SSRS BIDS report querying the email.dbo table to get the Sender, Recipient title, ticket number etc.  The main problem that I have is the description field comes wrapped in html code - so I have managed to strip this out with an Expression on the BIDS report (found at connecting the data dot com - reporting html remover utility), but exporting this to Excel is quite messy and the structure of some of the rows are lost

If I export to PDF, this is great, but with 108k pages, the search function is somewhat useless....

In a nutshell I am trying to retain the emails associated with case files in a 'reference' whether it be Excel, SharePoint - this will only be used for a limited time by a limited set of internal customers. There must be a simple solution to this :)

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 3:19 PM

Answers

• As Jason stated, use SSIS from Kingswaysoft but rather than migrating to your new organization, put the data in a SQL database and create a quick SSRS report for it. 

Another option, since  you plan to leave this up only for a short time, is to keep CRM running with one user license and give that user read only access to email and Cases or just email, whatever is needed. Create a view or views with the records needed so users can search as needed.  There will be minimal licensing cost and it will most likely be the easiest solution.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by Gareth_N Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:34 AM
    Monday, December 28, 2015 3:23 PM

All replies

• You can use SSIS from Kingswaysoft or Scribe to migrate the data from the source to the new organization.

Jason Peterson

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 7:25 PM
  • As Jason stated, use SSIS from Kingswaysoft but rather than migrating to your new organization, put the data in a SQL database and create a quick SSRS report for it. 

Another option, since  you plan to leave this up only for a short time, is to keep CRM running with one user license and give that user read only access to email and Cases or just email, whatever is needed. Create a view or views with the records needed so users can search as needed.  There will be minimal licensing cost and it will most likely be the easiest solution.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by Gareth_N Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:34 AM
    Monday, December 28, 2015 3:23 PM