Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET ClickOnce? RRS feed

• Question

•  

yo snyc bros... :) have a quick question in regards to deployment using ClickOnce... 

Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET is not installing on the client machine from ClickOnce... can anyone point me in the right direction on how to deploy ADO.NET sync services?

I've included the SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition and have it marked as a VS 05 publish prerequisite but the SSCERuntime-ENU.msi does not install.

Thanks a ton!

Bill

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:06 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, March 9, 2007 8:15 PM

All replies

• hi,

I am also having the same problem. SSCERuntime-ENU.msi is not getting installed as one of the custom prerequistes.

Please guide on this.

Thanks & Regards

Swati

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:41 AM
  •  

Hello,

How are you sure that it did not install. I installed the SSCERuntime-ENU.msi alone from the distribution CD, and it installs. And I also tried to install the design tools, and it also did. Did you get the info that it is not installed, from ARP entries, or does it throw any error.

And also, if you have the log file for install, could you please post it (or the relevant portion).

Thanks

Udaya.

Thursday, August 9, 2007 3:05 PM
  •  

1) SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition is v3.1.

2) VS 2005 (Whidbey) ships SQL CE v3.1

3) VS 2008 (Orcas) ships SQL CE v3.5

4) Sync Services can only work with SQL CE v3.5

5) Click Once for Sync Services and/or SQL CE v3.5 is integrated with VS 2008 ONLY

6) Click Once for SQL CE v3.1 is integrated with VS 2005 ONLY

7) SQL CE v3.5 MSI file name is SSCERuntime-ENU.msi

8) SQL CE v3.1 MSI file name is SQLServerCEv31-EN.msi

Given that, you definitely cant use VS 2005 to do click once publishing of Sync Services based apps.  However, you can use VS 2005 to develop Sync Services based apps.

SQL CE MSI will not gac the managed components/assemblies if .NET Framework v2.0+ is not found on the target machine, however it installs successfully as you can still use SQL CE using native.  In other words, SQL CE does not mandate .NET Framework v2.0 as hard pre-requisite.

Thanks,

Udaya

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:05 PM
  • 5) Click Once for Sync Services and/or SQL CE v3.5 is integrated with VS 2008 ONLY

Not sure that's entirely acurate... just include the following CE v3.5 libraries in the root of your project in VS 2005 from C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5\

• sqlceca30.dll
    • sqlcecompact30.dll
    • sqlceer30EN.dll
    • sqlceme30.dll
    • sqlceoledb30.dll
    • sqlceqp30.dll
    • sqlcese30.dll

Set the Build Action for all the above to Content

And The Copy To Output Directory to Copy If Newer

Seems I read an article on the how to somewhere but can't locate it. This works great in VS 05 assuming the CE CTP version is used... have not tested the new CE beta version yet.

Hope this helps.

billb

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 7:28 PM
  •  

Hi,

first of all ce v3.5 binaries end with 35.dll, not 30.dll. So, you are using v3.0 or v3.1 dlls. And as far as sync services are concerned, there is no guarantee that sync services works with v3.0 or v3.1 dlls.

Thanks

Udaya.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 12:02 PM