"There is not enough space on the disk" on D:, but there is space elsewhere RRS feed

• Question

• I have a few drives attached to the WHS, the primary is 120GB. I am getting failures in backup, I see the "low disk space" notification in the system tray for drive D:.
    There are 43GB available on other drives.
    In the system Event Viewer I see VolSnap Warning event 24 "There was insufficient disk space on volume D: to grow the shadow copies of D:. and error event 35 "The shadow copies of volume D: were aborted because the shadow copy storage failed to grow."
    In the WHS Event Viewer I see HomeServer error event 272 "Unexpected error 0x70 from WriteFile on D:\... There is not enough space on the disk" and WHS error event 267 "Client backup server failed at...".

Running RC1 6.0.1424.2.

I general I would say that WHS is not very friendly when errors occur. The WHS console provides no diagnostics beyond that fact that failure occurred. You need to log into the Win2K3 system to look at the Event Viewer.
    I also noted that WHS is not proactive about space issues - it took hours to back up a client and then terminated with failure due to not enough space. I would expect the backup system to precalculate the space required and not attempt to put 100GB into an 80GB space, fail, and then complain.

Sunday, July 8, 2007 11:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Now it's worse. WHS console shows "network status critical", with the error "System hard drive has less than 5GB free space...add drive or delete files". Looking at the drives using Windows Explorer shows 16.5GB free on drive C:, 400MB free on drive D. Server Storage in the WHS console shows 40.62GB free, and storage just balanced this morning. So what would adding a drive help beyond the 40GB already free?
    There are no folders set for duplicate backup, so that should not be a reason to reserve the disk space.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 10:37 AM
  • Not sure how many drives you have - but you need more !

Thanks for the feedback on error messages. 

Most OEMs and System Builders will use at least a 300 GB and probably more likely a 500 GB drive for the first hard drive. 

By not addressing the space issue on the D: partition, you have let the log files fill up the C: drive.  The log files growing too large is a bug that has been fixed. 

Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:50 PM
  • Adding a drive would allow WHS to move files off of the D: partition, freeing it up for more files to be added.

Right now, with only two mostly full drives, WHS has to use D: for both data storage (backups and user files) and as a "landing zone" for new files. Because of the way WHS prioritizes file locations, I can easily see where you could fill up D: first. An additional drive would allow WHS to get the files that are on D: now off onto another drive. I would expect that this would happen as part of the first balancing after the new drive was added to the pool, though it could take quite a while.
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 3:02 PM
  • The 5 drives I have connected are (size as reported, I guess these are binary GBs):
    Disk 0 (C: and D: are here): 112GB
    Disk 1: 38GB
    Disk 2: 43GB
    Disk 3: 56GB
    Disk 4: 112GB

Total is 360GB, free space is 41GB. Why is another drive necessary for offloading D:?

I will try to add another 40GB drive (which is what I have, not being a "system integrator" but rather a home user) and see whether stuff gets moved around.

Thursday, July 12, 2007 11:20 PM
  • I tried to add storage: Added a 75GB drive, removed the 38GB drive. The system churned for a while and showed that space was cleared on the D: drive and status was green. A few hours later I get the red network critical indication again. Drive D: now has 3.90GB free.

The total storage is now 400GB, free 74GB. It's unacceptable that such a configuration would be called critical.

So much for "take any old PC you have, hang some drives off it, and you have a home server". More like "take a PC, add a very large amount of disks, and be sure that the boot drive be huge."

BTW, would the system work correctly if the boot drive was larger than 138GB and the BIOS couldn't recognize the whole drove? That would put another cramp on the "any old PC".

Friday, July 20, 2007 2:20 AM
  • You could update the BIOS and maybe the old PC would support the larger drive.  We know it won't work with every computer but the lower settings allow for certain older computers to run this.  It sounds like the reparse points are not shrinking down or you are filling up all your space. 

• How much storage do you have,
    • how much data do you have on the server
    • and do you have duplication enabled?
    Friday, July 20, 2007 6:49 AM
    • How much storage do you have,

Quoting myself from just above: The total storage is now 400GB, free 74GB.

• how much data do you have on the server

Quoting myself from just above: The total storage is now 400GB, free 74GB.

• and do you have duplication enabled?

No duplication enabled. No shares (except for the ones installed with the WHS).

Friday, July 20, 2007 11:15 AM
  • Hi,

I think by storage, the request was for how much free space is left on each of the five drives.

Friday, July 20, 2007 5:22 PM
  • Hi,

I think the storage request was for what free space is available on each of the five drives, plus, what are the size of the backups you are doing?

Also, as I'm sure you realise, these drives are on the small size to be used in a server!

Regards,

Colin

Friday, July 20, 2007 5:25 PM
  •  T. Headrick wrote:

Not sure how many drives you have - but you need more !

Most OEMs and System Builders will use at least a 300 GB and probably more likely a 500 GB drive for the first hard drive. 

By not addressing the space issue on the D: partition, you have let the log files fill up the C: drive.  The log files growing too large is a bug that has been fixed. 

I think it's clear that DE has a bias problem that causes storage issues like this.  Saying that OEM would use "large hard drives" basically pushes the problem to a later date, not address the issues.  For example, in my server I have:

120GB System Drive (20/90)

160GB 5400RPM (56GB Free, 153GB Total)

160GB 7200RPM (135GB Free, 153GB Total)

What I found out is that DE decided to put all my non-duplicated stores (video, backups) onto my 5400rpm while my 7200rpm is used exclusively for 17GB worth of duplicated stores.  If the 5400rpm dies, I'm liable to lose all my non-duplicated stores instead of being able to salvage some data had DE stored non-duplicated data across all drives.

-- Starfox

Friday, July 20, 2007 5:37 PM
  •  ColinWH wrote:

Hi,

I think the storage request was for what free space is available on each of the five drives, plus, what are the size of the backups you are doing?

Also, as I'm sure you realise, these drives are on the small size to be used in a server!

Regards,

Colin

Yes we need that information. Talq possibly too.

Friday, July 20, 2007 10:19 PM
  • As to the amount if free space on each drive - they are not visible to the WHS console or the native win2K3 explorer. Using the management console on win2K3, I see:
    56GB disk has 16GB free (26%)
    112GB disk has 16GB free (14%)
    43GB disk has 19GB free (43%)
    75GB disk has 17GB free (23%)
    92GB disk D: has 4.39GB free (4%)
    20GB disk C: has 16GB free (82%)

I am not sure how to answer to the size of the backups. The WHS console shows me the size of the client machines drives, not the backup sizes.

I bit the bullet, deleted all backups and let it start again. For two days all was green, and after day 3 I again have the low storage error. 95GB free, but "less than 5GB free on a system disk".

Now I also have another critical error "A possible database consistency problem". What can one do about that (except check the "ignore" box)? What are the practical implications? Again, speaks negatively to the error management strategy in WHS.

The win2K3 Event Viewer shows Warning "There was insufficient disk space on volume C:\fs\G to grow the shadow copy storage for shadow copies of C:\fs\G..." and Error "The shadow copies of volume C:\fs\G were aborted ...". I am guessing that C:\fs\G has something to do with one of the other volumes on the system, but which one is G?
    Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:02 PM
  •  

It's now a couple of weeks later, and again the network is critical. No folder duplicated. Same drives as above. 90GB free, about 15GB per drive (similar to list above), except for drive D which has 3.5GB free.

The "balancing" seems to be making the system misbehave.

Sunday, August 12, 2007 5:13 PM
  •  YSered wrote:
    The win2K3 Event Viewer shows Warning "There was insufficient disk space on volume C:\fs\G to grow the shadow copy storage for shadow copies of C:\fs\G..." and Error "The shadow copies of volume C:\fs\G were aborted ...". I am guessing that C:\fs\G has something to do with one of the other volumes on the system, but which one is G?

Since all of your secondary drives are different sizes, you should be able to determine which one is which:

Logon to WHS through RDC.  Open your C drive.  Open the folder named "fs".  You should see 4 drives there (I'm going to guess F, G, H, and I).  Right click on the G drive and click Properties.  Then under Mounted Volume you should see a Properties button.  Click that button.  You should see the Used Space, Free Space, and Capacity of that drive.  Check the total capacity and then you'll know which drive it is.

P.S.  Obviously don't change any settings in here or chances are your WHS will break. Smile

Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:18 PM
  •  YSered wrote:

It's now a couple of weeks later, and again the network is critical. No folder duplicated. Same drives as above. 90GB free, about 15GB per drive (similar to list above), except for drive D which has 3.5GB free.

The "balancing" seems to be making the system misbehave.

I can only speculate on this, but my guess is it is designed to keep so much free space on each physical drive.  I have 2 drives on my server (500 GB primary and 400 GB secondary) and about 750 GB of data stored on it.  Yet, my secondary drive still has about 20 GB free left (and everything I add to the server now on stays on the primary drive; WHS won't touch that last 20 free GB).

Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:26 PM
  • I've run into this problem myself this evening, and it's quite annoying.

I added disks in the order I could get hold of them - obviously there was nothing saying that I should be adding the biggest possibly disk as the primary until I read it in these fora today.

Primary - 120GB - Day 1
    Secondary - 160GB - Added day 3
    Tertiary - 250GB - Added day 5

WHS reports that I have 49% free in the 'pool' but there is only 350MB available on the primary disk's D: partition. Now of course I'm having a problem copying stuff over because that landing zone is tiny. Unless this has been fixed in the RTM version I'm going to have no choice but to move everything off internal drives onto a single 500GB external drive that I have, reorder the disks so that the 250GB disk that I have is the primary, reinstall the OS with the other disks available and hope to Bob that I don't run into this again. And what's to say that it won't? I mean, I now have 250GB of free space (the disk I added last night is reporting 99% free) but there's the D:\ drive stuffed full of data and WHS isn't doing anything to free up this landing zone area.

I can see that I loaded that first disk pretty full when I started out which is probably why I don't have much space left, but the system not taking care of itself when I added more disk space does tell me that a lot of people will run into this problem without knowing that it exists.

Do I have any other options? Copying all the data off onto an external drive will leave me completely open to data loss if something goes wrong.
    Monday, August 20, 2007 7:37 PM
  • I had the same problem. I was transferring files over to the server(main drive is a 74gb raptor with 49gb free).  For files transfers it only sees that 49gb free and not the 1.2tb I have. So I could transfer over 200gb of files all at once. I had to do smaller chunks and then wait for that to be moved off the 49gb partition. It was a pain in the *** but I got it done.
    Monday, August 20, 2007 7:52 PM
  •  sdh68k wrote:
    I've run into this problem myself this evening, and it's quite annoying.

I added disks in the order I could get hold of them - obviously there was nothing saying that I should be adding the biggest possibly disk as the primary until I read it in these fora today.

Primary - 120GB - Day 1
    Secondary - 160GB - Added day 3
    Tertiary - 250GB - Added day 5

WHS reports that I have 49% free in the 'pool' but there is only 350MB available on the primary disk's D: partition. Now of course I'm having a problem copying stuff over because that landing zone is tiny. Unless this has been fixed in the RTM version I'm going to have no choice but to move everything off internal drives onto a single 500GB external drive that I have, reorder the disks so that the 250GB disk that I have is the primary, reinstall the OS with the other disks available and hope to Bob that I don't run into this again. And what's to say that it won't? I mean, I now have 250GB of free space (the disk I added last night is reporting 99% free) but there's the D:\ drive stuffed full of data and WHS isn't doing anything to free up this landing zone area.

I can see that I loaded that first disk pretty full when I started out which is probably why I don't have much space left, but the system not taking care of itself when I added more disk space does tell me that a lot of people will run into this problem without knowing that it exists.

Do I have any other options? Copying all the data off onto an external drive will leave me completely open to data loss if something goes wrong.

Obviously, it didn't migrate the data off your D drive yet.  How long ago did you move the files to the server?  I've noticed sometimes it takes an hour or two before it starts doing its thing...

(And yes, it's recommended that you have your largest drive as your primary drive on RTM as well because it works the same way.)

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:38 AM
  •  kariya21 wrote:

Obviously, it didn't migrate the data off your D drive yet.  How long ago did you move the files to the server?  I've noticed sometimes it takes an hour or two before it starts doing its thing...

"An hour or two"? Don't make me laugh - the machine has been on for over 24 hours since I was first told that I had 'not enough space' for a copy operation, and about 3 days since I was first told I had less than 5GB free on that partition. And as I'm at work now, it's going to be on for another 8 or 9 hours before I get home.

Now taking bets on how much data it would have balanced to other disks by the time I get home.

Last night, in an attempt to recover some space on the disk I marked the last few backups as 'delete on next cleanup' and hit the 'cleanup now' button. OK, I'm being told that this could take several hours, so I left the computer on over night. 12 hours later, the bar graph in the console window hasn't moved at all and I've recovered the massive amount of 700MB - now giving me 1GB free on that partition. I left that process running when I left for work this morning, too.

kariya21 wrote:

(And yes, it's recommended that you have your largest drive as your primary drive on RTM as well because it works the same way.)

So why doesn't the balancing task (a) identify that there's not much space on the D:\ partition, and (b) move stuff off it? Surely if it's the 'landing zone' it would be in its best interests to ensure that disk is as free as possible at all times. That would seem to strike me as exactly what 'balancing' should do. LOTS of people are going to run into this exact same problem through absolutely no fault of their own. I don't know about you, but being told I don't have enough space free when I have over quarter of a terabyte of free space available could be a little confusing to the non-technical people at which this operating system is aimed.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:16 AM
  •  sdh68k wrote:

"An hour or two"? Don't make me laugh - the machine has been on for over 24 hours since I was first told that I had 'not enough space' for a copy operation, and about 3 days since I was first told I had less than 5GB free on that partition. And as I'm at work now, it's going to be on for another 8 or 9 hours before I get home.

Now taking bets on how much data it would have balanced to other disks by the time I get home.

Well, obviously it's not working then.  There is no way it should wait that long.  Do you know if the service is running?  (There should be a process called DEMigrator.exe in your active processes).  Have you looked at the event logs to see if there are any warnings/errors?  Have you tried re-booting it?

sdh68k wrote:

Last night, in an attempt to recover some space on the disk I marked the last few backups as 'delete on next cleanup' and hit the 'cleanup now' button. OK, I'm being told that this could take several hours, so I left the computer on over night. 12 hours later, the bar graph in the console window hasn't moved at all and I've recovered the massive amount of 700MB - now giving me 1GB free on that partition. I left that process running when I left for work this morning, too.

So why doesn't the balancing task (a) identify that there's not much space on the D:\ partition, and (b) move stuff off it?

It's definitely not working like it's supposed to.

sdh68k wrote:

Surely if it's the 'landing zone' it would be in its best interests to ensure that disk is as free as possible at all times. That would seem to strike me as exactly what 'balancing' should do.

You are correct.  That is what it should do.  For some reason, your copy isn't working like it's supposed to.

sdh68k wrote:

LOTS of people are going to run into this exact same problem through absolutely no fault of their own. I don't know about you, but being told I don't have enough space free when I have over quarter of a terabyte of free space available could be a little confusing to the non-technical people at which this operating system is aimed.

Yes, that would definitely be a problem, but that's not how it works.  It sounds like your service may not be running.  Can you check Disk Management and see how much free space each drive has (to see if it's moved any files at all)?

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:06 PM
  • I rebooted the box yesterday evening just before I kicked off the backup cleanup process.

I did do a check of the Disk Management tool this morning, hence why I knew I've recovered 700MB from the primary disk's D:\ partition.

When I get home in a couple of hours obviously I'll be checking everything out. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm actually very happy that you've told me that something isn't right.

Would that answer the slow backup cleanup problem though? Running the cleanup task for 8 hours+ with no status updates doesn't sound very good. How can I tell if this side of things is working how it should?
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:24 PM
  •  sdh68k wrote:
    I rebooted the box yesterday evening just before I kicked off the backup cleanup process.

I did do a check of the Disk Management tool this morning, hence why I knew I've recovered 700MB from the primary disk's D:\ partition.

When I get home in a couple of hours obviously I'll be checking everything out. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm actually very happy that you've told me that something isn't right.

Well, if that's how it's supposed to be, I'm glad mine isn't working right... Wink

sdh68k wrote:

Would that answer the slow backup cleanup problem though? Running the cleanup task for 8 hours+ with no status updates doesn't sound very good. How can I tell if this side of things is working how it should?

I think that would depend on what the problem is (like if your hard drive is failing, I can see how that could happen).

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:53 PM
  • OK, I got home and checked Disk Management. No change to what I saw when I left for work.

However, upon firing up Task Manager, I noticed that demigrator.exe was not running. I checked the Services, and the Drive Extender Migrator Service was (a) not running, and (b) set to Manual. (Is this second one right?)

I changed the Startup type to Automatic and started it. My ears were met with the symphony of hard drives being thrashed and -- after half an hour or so -- the partition had about 5GB free. Another hour later, I've got 22GB free. My second drive (120GB) has just under 10GB free, and the 250GB drive is now being used to the tune of about 30GB.

So it looks like it was just a problem with the service not running. No problems reported in the Event log though. Any idea what could have cause the service to stop and be set to Manual?

I'm a lot happier now. Thanks for your help.
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 6:04 PM
  •  sdh68k wrote:

OK, I got home and checked Disk Management. No change to what I saw when I left for work.

However, upon firing up Task Manager, I noticed that demigrator.exe was not running. I checked the Services, and the Drive Extender Migrator Service was (a) not running, and (b) set to Manual. (Is this second one right?)

Unfortunately, I'm not at home to check at the moment, but I will check as soon as I get home....

sdh68k wrote:

I changed the Startup type to Automatic and started it. My ears were met with the symphony of hard drives being thrashed and -- after half an hour or so -- the partition had about 5GB free. Another hour later, I've got 22GB free. My second drive (120GB) has just under 10GB free, and the 250GB drive is now being used to the tune of about 30GB.

So it looks like it was just a problem with the service not running. No problems reported in the Event log though. Any idea what could have cause the service to stop and be set to Manual?

Nothing that I know of.  Just out of curiosity, have you tried re-booting it (to make sure the service comes back automatically)?

sdh68k wrote:

I'm a lot happier now. Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 7:46 PM
  • sdh68k,

I just checked my service.  It's running but it's listed as manual.  Just so you know....

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:18 PM
  • 2 TIPS

1: When you get a "5gb space left - critical error" - and yet you know you have more space than this left - reboot and allow the "storage balancing"to start - it takes A LONG TIME for storage balancing to move files from your primary drive - to your added drives - be very patient. You will eventually see  you status change to green but keep waiting untill you see storage balancing stop.

2: I noted storage balancing would not work if the folders under windows explorer - d:..\shares\....(i think) do not exactly match the folder names under WHS console.

ie: if you have 10 folders under shares in windows explorer (photos, user, dvd, video, misc, etc, ) - make note of thier names and create ten folders in you WHS console exactly the same - dont leave any out. This fixed a LOT of issues for me as storage balancing would not work untill they matched.

This problem was created becuase when I copy files accross to WHS - I create a folder in Explorer first,  and then dump files there - they all go on the primary drive and hence - it fills up and does not transfer to other drives. Not until you add that folder to the WHS console - will storage balancing occur.

BY the way - I'm using RETAIL VERSION of WHS - from Australia. Hope this clarfies some stuff that has already been said 

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:31 AM
  •  benjamiah wrote:

2 TIPS

1: When you get a "5gb space left - critical error" - and yet you know you have more space than this left - reboot and allow the "storage balancing"to start - it takes A LONG TIME for storage balancing to move files from your primary drive - to your added drives - be very patient. You will eventually see  you status change to green but keep waiting untill you see storage balancing stop.

Normally, I would agree a re-boot will fix it.  But in the case of sdh68k, that didn't help him.....

benjamiah wrote:

2: I noted storage balancing would not work if the folders under windows explorer - d:..\shares\....(i think) do not exactly match the folder names under WHS console.

Why wouldn't they match?  If you created the shares the way you're supposed to (via WHS Console), they will match.

benjamiah wrote:

ie: if you have 10 folders under shares in windows explorer (photos, user, dvd, video, misc, etc, ) - make note of thier names and create ten folders in you WHS console exactly the same - dont leave any out. This fixed a LOT of issues for me as storage balancing would not work untill they matched.

This problem was created becuase when I copy files accross to WHS - I create a folder in Explorer first,  and then dump files there - they all go on the primary drive and hence - it fills up and does not transfer to other drives. Not until you add that folder to the WHS console - will storage balancing occur.

Correct, because you didn't create the shares the way you're supposed to.....

Why didn't you just create the share on WHS and copy the files over that way?

benjamiah wrote:

BY the way - I'm using RETAIL VERSION of WHS - from Australia. Hope this clarfies some stuff that has already been said 

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 3:02 AM
  • And a week or so later, I still have 3.5GB free on D:, with 85GB free combined on other drives. The load balancing service is active (but marked Manual - does that matter)?
    Event log has nothing that looks pertinent.
    System rebooted from an update within the last few days, so reboot is not the answer.

My conslusion is not encouraging: WHS may be good if you have a single mammoth drive used for C and D. A collection of drives doesn't fit the design. Balancing just isn't working as one would like.

I'll probably leave it running until the evaluation period expires - might as well have the backup. Would not recommend it to others without the caveat.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 2:20 AM
  • I still think your drives are too small.  If it's trying to hold 20 GB free per drive (as it's doing on mine), you're not going to get much out of the drives you have in your server....

Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:50 AM
  • You could be in FAR worse shape!

I'm stuck right now...
    I have 3 external drives, and 2 internal, the eternals are 500Gb each, 1 Internal is 500Gb, the second is new, and 1Tb.

When I added the 1Tb drive, I was close to maxed capacity on all drives, 3 days ago.  I added the drive, balancing comenced.  The new 1Tb drive is now at 16% after 3 days.  BUT when I start to copy over files from my other systems that have been waiting on storage on the server, I get a message that I only have 50Gb free (trying to copy 70Gb, tells me I need an additional 20Gb to continue)

So, if I have over 850Gb free, why can't I move my files?!

It's downright painful to "remove" drives and reinstall them, but I don't know what to do!

The server shows 1.1Tb free, but won't let me move the smallest of my folders (at 70Gb)!!!

Anyone with input, HELP!!!
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:49 AM
  • Hi Matt,
    if on your drive D: (the Data partition on the primary disk) is not enough space free, Windows Vista rejects to start the copy attempt. The other space is there, but not transparent to the client OS. Pre Power Pack 1 in a multi disk scenario files could still be stored on drive D:. After PP1 the storage algorithm changed, so that files will go off to other disks instantly, but this will not affect already stored files.
    You could try to trigger a relocation of files from D: drive with the tool LZreallocator, which you can get here: 
    http://vanelsberg.homeserver.com/public/whs/LZreallocator.zip

The other option would be, to copy smaller snippets. (Create target folder and copy groups of files.)
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:27 AM
  • I'll give that a try. PP1 was installed as soon as it came out.  Moving in smaller "chunks" isn't an option, these are raw video dumps averaging about 70-100Gb per file.  It's not fun, but god bless gigabit ;)
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:00 PM
  • Matt,

Also note that the next Windows Update, (should already be available in some areas), will have a 'fix' for this particular issue, so you may want to wait a few hours - at most -.

Colin
    If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:11 PM
  • Still no change in the situation, actually, it's slightly worse, as one of the laptops backup regime triggered while I was at work.

I now have all hard drives at 96%, except the new 1Tb I added, which is still sitting at 3%.  No disk use, nothing moving, storage says balanced...

Reallocater doesn't seem to work... I'm at a loss.
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:21 PM
  • Nevermind...
    Disks finally started to balance...
    50mb/s
    so shouldnt take long :D
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:09 AM
  • I HAVE AS HOME SERVER WIN2K8 SP3 SETUP WITH 2-2TB HD, 1- 12 TB RAID = 9.09 FORMATTED CAPACITY.

I HAVE A TOTAL OF 12.2TB (AS IN TERABYTES) OF FORMATTED STORAGE SPACE. YET THE PIE CHART SHOWS THAT OUT OF THIS SPACE 7.1 TB ARE USED FOR SYSTEM, 2.6 B FOR SHARED FOLDERS, 2.7 TB FREE SPACE.

WITH ALL THIS , I AM STILL RUNNING OUT OF DISK SPACE. WEN I COPY AN  IMAGE OF HARD DRIVE TO THE DATA DRIVE, I RUN INTO INSUFFICIENT SYSTEM RESOURCES PROBLEMS AND THE COPY IS INTERRUPTED.

I DON'T USE DISK DUPLICATION ON THIS SYSTEM

WHEN I GO TO DISK MANAGER I GET A WHOLE DIFFERENT PICTURE. IT SHOW A MUCH SMALLER SIZE.

2-DATA DRIVES 1.843 TB

1- SYS C: DRIVE 20.0 GB

1-DATA DRIVE 2047.99 GB

AND 7260.55 GB OF UNALLOCATED SPACE.

IS THERE ANYTHING I COULD DO TO GETR MORE USABLE SPACE?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:00 PM
  • format HDD to NTFS not FAT32
    Friday, March 18, 2011 4:48 PM