Trouble installing HUP Office Pro 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I paid for and downloaded the program today. I did as it says and downloaded it to my desktop and it gave it the file name x16-32250.  That took about half a hour to download. 

When I click on that icon to install the program it acts like it going to work normally. Then when the Office Popup comes up saying something the effect of "preparing to install" it sends a error message saying "setup has stopped working"  and the only option is to close program.  I called Microsoft CS and they were no help and said to contact Digital River, but Digital River is not open. 

Does anyone have any idea on how to get this program to install correctly I am installing it on a laptop with Vista.

Saturday, October 23, 2010 10:37 PM

Answers

• There was a reply here a little bit ago from a guy saying to make sure I have ALL previous editions of Office erased off my computer.  I did that and it worked perfectly.  Thank you.
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:30 AM

All replies

• "fearnofishy" wrote in message news:f77e89b9-08a4-46bd-a17c-b6f4ff17fe01...

I paid for and downloaded the program today. I did as it says and downloaded it to my desktop and it gave it the file name x16-32250.  That took about half a hour to download. 

When I click on that icon to install the program it acts like it going to work normally. Then when the Office Popup comes up saying something the effect of "preparing to install" it sends a error message saying "setup has stopped working"  and the only option is to close program.  I called Microsoft CS and they were no help and said to contact Digital River, but Digital River is not open. 

Does anyone have any idea on how to get this program to install correctly I am installing it on a laptop with Vista.

It sounds like you may have got a corrupted download - try again

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 11:01 PM
  • There was a reply here a little bit ago from a guy saying to make sure I have ALL previous editions of Office erased off my computer.  I did that and it worked perfectly.  Thank you.
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:30 AM
  • "fearnofishy" wrote in message news:9e5e3d5f-b780-4fc1-a666-b8d9d818fe18...
    There was a reply here a little bit ago from a guy saying to make sure I have ALL previous editions of Office erased off my computer.  I did that and it worked perfectly.  Thank you.

Great - glad it worked for you.
    Good Luck

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:44 AM