CRM 2011 online - menu question RRS feed

• Question

• I'm hoping someone can tell me the best approach to take here.   I'm working on some CRM 2011 online changes involving the menu.  The client wants to open up the Settings->System->Data Administration area to end users so that they can see the status of import jobs and duplicate detection.   I understand how to do that (creating a custom entity, editing sitemap, etc),  but the client also wants me to restrict the links that are displayed on the data management page to only imports and duplicate detection.  I don't see a way to do this just via security profiles.   

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Dustin,

Ok, you won't be able to individually hide those buttons using roles. I guess you could make a copy of the page as an HTM web resources and only include the areas that you want but be aware that this could cause strange behaviour if you give a user access to a button that leads to a page that they don't actually have rights to access. If you really do want to do that, copy the output of the datamanagement.aspx, paste it into a new HTM web resource, remove the buttons you want hidden and then edit the site map and add a link to your HTM web resource.

Michael Palmer
    xRMPalmer     @MJFPalmer     Rockstar365

• Proposed as answer by MJFPalmer Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by DustinAnderson55 Friday, August 23, 2013 12:05 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Dustin,

Imports and Duplicate Detection are already visible by default in the My Work area under Workplace. Is this not what you want?

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:35 PM
  • Actually, I'm looking for a way to hide the sample data and bulk delete icons from the data management screen. I don't see a way to change permissions to hide them. Is there a way to create another version of the data management.aspx? I'm using the online version. I just can't see how to remove those from the view...
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:23 PM
  • Just remove the permissions of Bulk delete and Data Import from the privileges of the security roles of the users who should not have access to these feature.

Regards Faisal

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:46 PM
  • Hi Dustin,

Ok, you won't be able to individually hide those buttons using roles. I guess you could make a copy of the page as an HTM web resources and only include the areas that you want but be aware that this could cause strange behaviour if you give a user access to a button that leads to a page that they don't actually have rights to access. If you really do want to do that, copy the output of the datamanagement.aspx, paste it into a new HTM web resource, remove the buttons you want hidden and then edit the site map and add a link to your HTM web resource.

Michael Palmer
    xRMPalmer     @MJFPalmer     Rockstar365

• Proposed as answer by MJFPalmer Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by DustinAnderson55 Friday, August 23, 2013 12:05 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:32 AM