'Sunset' working with the 'Original'? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm new to this forum. We have been using Money 2004 since day one of 2003. It runs perfectly on both our desktop and laptop; both having Win7.  When we travel we just copy the money data file(from the desktop) to a flash drive and keep our travel expenses current by entering them into the laptop utilizing the flash drive. When we return home we just transfer the money data file back to the desktop. It works great.

But According to the compatibility sites this Money program will not run on Windows 8. I state this because we are going to purchase a Surface Pro with 8.1 Pro O.S. on it.  I'll assume I will have to install the 'Sunset' version of Money onto it. So my question is:

Can I do what I was doing before?  Can I take a flash drive with the Money data file from the desktop (Money 2004) utilize it on the Surface Pro using the 'Sunset' program and then when we return we can transfer back the money file to the desktop?  Or....are the money data files not the same and not compatible with each program.

Do I have to convert the desktop to Sunset too?  I'd rather not since all management is really done with the Money 2004 program.

thanks

Monday, January 6, 2014 8:14 PM