Windows home server 11 RRS feed

• Question

• wont install on computor

Williamel

Monday, March 3, 2014 8:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How did you install the WHS 2011? Please refer to the following steps to install it again to see if it works.

To Install Windows Home Server 2011

1. Disconnect any external USB or FireWire (IEEE 1394) hard disk drives from your home server.
    2. Start your computer from the Windows Home Server 2011 Installation DVD.
      1. Turn on your computer, and then insert the Windows Home Server 2011 installation DVD in the DVD drive of your home server.
      2. Restart your computer. When the message “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” appears, press any key.

NOTE  

If your computer does not start from the DVD, ensure that the CD-ROM drive is listed first in the BIOS boot sequence. For more information, see the documentation from the computer manufacturer.

1. The Windows Home Server 2011 installation wizard starts.
    1. Click New Installation.
    2. Ensure that all of your internal hard drives are listed. If they are not, click Load drivers to add drivers for the connected hard drives that are not listed.
    3. Click I understand that if I click Install, all files and folders on my primary hard drive will be deleted, and then click Install.
    4. The operating system is installed on your primary hard disk drive. This takes approximately 30 minutes.
    5. When the operating system installation finishes, you must configure the server before it is ready for you to use.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Andy Qi Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:55 PM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:33 AM
  • You need to boot from the Installation DVD. It will delete your existing OS.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Edited by Phil Harrison Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:56 PM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hmm, might need some more information than that!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Monday, March 3, 2014 10:16 PM
  • Installed windows home server dvd in computer and I tried to click on set up but nothing happens.
    Monday, March 3, 2014 10:24 PM
  • Can you install any other OS on that computer?
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

How did you install the WHS 2011? Please refer to the following steps to install it again to see if it works.

To Install Windows Home Server 2011

1. Disconnect any external USB or FireWire (IEEE 1394) hard disk drives from your home server.
    2. Start your computer from the Windows Home Server 2011 Installation DVD.
      1. Turn on your computer, and then insert the Windows Home Server 2011 installation DVD in the DVD drive of your home server.
      2. Restart your computer. When the message “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” appears, press any key.

NOTE  

If your computer does not start from the DVD, ensure that the CD-ROM drive is listed first in the BIOS boot sequence. For more information, see the documentation from the computer manufacturer.

1. The Windows Home Server 2011 installation wizard starts.
    1. Click New Installation.
    2. Ensure that all of your internal hard drives are listed. If they are not, click Load drivers to add drivers for the connected hard drives that are not listed.
    3. Click I understand that if I click Install, all files and folders on my primary hard drive will be deleted, and then click Install.
    4. The operating system is installed on your primary hard disk drive. This takes approximately 30 minutes.
    5. When the operating system installation finishes, you must configure the server before it is ready for you to use.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Andy Qi Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:55 PM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:33 AM
  • You need to boot from the Installation DVD. It will delete your existing OS.

• Edited by Phil Harrison Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andy Qi Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:56 PM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:37 PM