none
Rules in forums RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a "General Rules" section in these forums? The only reason I ask, from what I find the "regulars" or moderators make the rules as they go. I've been on a lot of forums and never have I seen such disrespect then I have here. If a regular or mod. doesn't like the way you describe something, a little guidance would be greatly appreciated, but I see time and time again, the same people try to make you feel inferior if you don't understand. A lot of us have already decided to go to other forums to get the information we need. The only Guidelines I found are basic and deal nothing with respect and being courteous to all members.

Thanks for listening
    Mac

If you are going to be rude, please don't answer my questions, I will ignore them. Thanks :D
    Monday, October 19, 2009 2:35 AM

Answers

• I'm not trying to excuse anyone's behavior, but sometimes, the rude posters (I've been one) are rude by accident. In my case, I once got caught up in a discussion and I offended someone with a comment. I didn't mean it to be offensive. I was posting it as if we were familiar with each other. Of course, this was not the case. I regretted it. I wish I could take it back. But it was in a site where I couldn't take things back.

Now, I end up putting smiley faces everywhere. I use the classic smiley because I don't know what all the other ones mean.

If someone has offended you, one way to check if it was intentional is by using humor. If you find that they wanted to offend you, then take whatever little good advice they gave, if any, and ignore the rest. One thing we all eventually learn is how to separate content and presentation. :-)

Oops, this was a question, not a discussion... Uh, my answer is, I don't know.

Francis

• Edited by imfrancisd Monday, October 19, 2009 2:14 PM Maybe I'm still a rude poster. I don't know.
    • Marked as answer by NegativeX69 Monday, October 19, 2009 10:15 PM
    Monday, October 19, 2009 1:02 PM

All replies

• Don't get me wrong, there are many of these people that are very respectful and very helpful. I just wish it could be more conform in the way people are allowed to treat other members.

I just saw a person get reprimanded for saying "Codes" rather than "Code".....I mean, really? How is that post productive? All that person wanted to do is show that the poster is inferior. That doesn't build confidence, and these forums are for learning, right? How can someone feel safe and confident about asking questions, if they are getting posts like this?

For those of you that do show respect, Thank You!!!

If you are going to be rude, please don't answer my questions, I will ignore them. Thanks :D
    Monday, October 19, 2009 5:53 AM
  • I'm not trying to excuse anyone's behavior, but sometimes, the rude posters (I've been one) are rude by accident. In my case, I once got caught up in a discussion and I offended someone with a comment. I didn't mean it to be offensive. I was posting it as if we were familiar with each other. Of course, this was not the case. I regretted it. I wish I could take it back. But it was in a site where I couldn't take things back.

Now, I end up putting smiley faces everywhere. I use the classic smiley because I don't know what all the other ones mean.

If someone has offended you, one way to check if it was intentional is by using humor. If you find that they wanted to offend you, then take whatever little good advice they gave, if any, and ignore the rest. One thing we all eventually learn is how to separate content and presentation. :-)

Oops, this was a question, not a discussion... Uh, my answer is, I don't know.

Francis

• Edited by imfrancisd Monday, October 19, 2009 2:14 PM Maybe I'm still a rude poster. I don't know.
    • Marked as answer by NegativeX69 Monday, October 19, 2009 10:15 PM
    Monday, October 19, 2009 1:02 PM
  • I hope it wasn't me. I had to click reply a few times before something happened. Can something be reported as abuse by accident? If it was me, how do I take it back?

Monday, October 19, 2009 1:32 PM