Coexistence with LCS issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully implemented and validated the OCS environment.  I have a single OCS enterprise edition front end server with Archiving&CDR, as well as Web Components set up on it.  I have another single server set up with Web Conferencing and A/V Conferencing.   For LCS 2005 I have a single Enterprise Edition Front End server. 

User rtcA resides in the LCS pool and logs into Office Communicator 2005.

User rtcB resides in the OCS pool and logs into Office Communicator 2005.

When user rtcA initiates a conversation with rtcB, the toast is seen and rtcB can open the toast and the message is seen in the Communicator window. 

But with rtcB responds to rtcA, instead of the response going into the already open communicator window - rtcA gets a toast.  When rtcA opens the toast, there is no message in the Communicator window.  Then in trying to send subsequent messages, it will say that rtcB is offline although it shows that rtcB is online.  eventually if you keep hitting it with messages, one will eventually go through.

I have turned on Communicator logging and looked through them, but I'm not exactly sure what I am looking for in there.  And both hotfixes KB911996 and KB921543 have been applied to the LCS environment.

Any other ideas on what might be going on here or what to look for?

Thanks.

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:23 PM

All replies

• Upgrade user rtcB's client to Office Communicator 2007, since they are on the OCS 2007 server.

Monday, July 30, 2007 8:43 PM
  • I logged with user rtcB to Office Communicator 2007 but it was still the same issue. The communication between the OCS user and LCS user is opening up a new toast when they send a message to each other every time.  Another symptom of the problem is that if the OCS user changes their status, the LCS user never picks up the change in status (unless the LCS user logs off and logs back in). 

Has anyone else experienced this? Or worked with coexisting OCS/LCS environments?  Or is this just an anomaly within my environment?

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:04 PM
  • Hi DML523,

Can you update this thread? Have you implemented the RTM version and confirmed this is still an issue.?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:54 PM
  • I was able to resolve the issue.  It ended up being a problem with missing DNS records.  I had to do some additional DSN records since our SIP domain is different than the FQDN of the pool.  Once those were added, both the automatic login worked and the communications between LCS and OCS users.

Thanks.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:18 PM
  • What dns records did you create. i have the same issue. and my sip domain is also different then the one we use.

it could help me to fix the problems.

Monday, October 29, 2007 5:58 PM
  • Page 5 of the Standard Edition Deployment guide for OCS lists the DNS SRV records to should create for your SIP domain.  Table 2 demonstrates the records needed to support multiple SIP domains.

Monday, October 29, 2007 6:57 PM