Regarding OneCare's "Renew" Status has been on for more than a day... RRS feed

• Question

• Scenario:

I renewed my subscription by buying another OneCare CD ROM.  I didn't want to go through the trouble of renewing online. 

I then, uninstalled my old OneCare and installed the new one I got.  It didn't prompt me for a key or anything.  So then, when I installed the new one a message persisted which stated "Urgent -- Renew to stay protected --OneCare protection for this PC has ended. Renew your subscription now [I already did via a new CD ROM] to help protect your PC and files."   Then in parenthesis it states, "(Note:  After you renew, this notice may persist for a day)"  However, the notice has persisted more than a day.  When will this nag be over?

What should I do next?

Thank you very much for your help in advance..

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:46 AM

Answers

• Open One Care, select "Renew" and when you get to the payment page select "Pre-paid PIN or Token" as the payment method, enter the 25 digit product key and your subscription will be renewed.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:18 AM

All replies

• Open One Care, select "Renew" and when you get to the payment page select "Pre-paid PIN or Token" as the payment method, enter the 25 digit product key and your subscription will be renewed.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:18 AM
  •  

Thank you for your speedy response!  I will try this this evening and cross my fingers--nevertheless, the information you've provided has given me hope and put a smile to my face today, thank you again
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:40 PM
  • Update:  I tried the recommendation to as described, and got the following message...

Thank you

Your subscription has been successfully renewed. Please print or save this page for your records.
    You'll be charged on your renewal effective date: Today

Therefore, I will wait now until the red action goes away...hopefully in a day or so?
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:07 PM
  • Hello Tess600, it may take 24-48 hours for your subscription status to update on your desktop.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:12 PM