MSCRM report layout with FetchXML question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am writing a report in MSCRM 2013 online using fetchxml in visual studio.  

The dataset I can extract from fetchxml is Table 1 (first table).

However, I would like to make the report layout same as Table 2 (second table). I would like to append Baby Age in the column for each members.   I tried many methods but still cannot display the expected outcome.  I can fix maximum 4 baby columns to be displayed.  

Anyone has some ideas?  Many thanks.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 4:26 AM

Answers

• You can create a custom field on Contact as Baby Number and generate Baby No by writing a plugin. then it's possible to acheive the Report you are trying to do. Otherwise you can't do it. 

Regards, Saad

• Marked as answer by Gary-C Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:37 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Gary,

You can use row groups and column groups. Your rows will be grouped on Member ID and your Coulumns will be grouped on BabyID.

Regards, Saad

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:04 AM
  • Hi Gary,

You can use row groups and column groups. Your rows will be grouped on Member ID and your Coulumns will be grouped on BabyID.

Regards, Saad

Hi Saad,

If I group Member ID on rows and BabyID on Columns, it will result in the following result.  I would like to know how I can group the first baby of each individual members in the same column and the second baby in the second column, etc?

• Edited by Gary-C Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:06 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:45 AM
  • Hi Gary,

How are you identifying which baby is first Baby 1 and which one is Baby2

Regards, Saad

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:11 AM
  • Hi Gary,

How are you identifying which baby is first Baby 1 and which one is Baby2

Regards, Saad

Hi Saad,

In my mind,

The first record of a member is first baby, the second records of the same member is Baby 2, the third records of the same member is Baby 3, etc.

Gary

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:22 AM
  • You can group columns on Memebr ID and BabyID. Try using a matrix instead of table. Also i don't think you can identify Baby like the way you explained. You need to write a code to identify which baby is Baby 1 in a custom field.

Regards, Saad

• Edited by Mohd Saad Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:34 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:32 AM
  • You can group columns on Memebr ID and BabyID. Try using a matrix instead of table. Also i don't think you can identify Baby like the way you explained. You need to write a code to identify which baby is Baby 1 in a custom field.

Regards, Saad

Hi Saad,

Yes, I can do it by using SQL statement, but not fetchxml.  Do you think there is a possible way to do so ?  Thanks.

Regards,

Gary

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:46 AM
  • You can create a custom field on Contact as Baby Number and generate Baby No by writing a plugin. then it's possible to acheive the Report you are trying to do. Otherwise you can't do it. 

Regards, Saad

• Marked as answer by Gary-C Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:37 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:52 AM