run problem RRS feed

• Question

• when i try to download this program,,,,,,,,i press on the run botton and this message appears

this installation package coulnt be opened contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer packeage

what should i doooooooo

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:24 PM

All replies

• when i try to download this program,,,,,,,,i press on the run botton and this message appears

this installation package coulnt be opened contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer packeage

what should i doooooooo

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:25 PM
  • Please try downloading the package again from www.getMaren.com.

Mostafa Ashour,
    MSFT Program Manager
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:41 AM
  • I get this same mes sage over and over again. I downloaded 4 times already. It also gives an option to uninstall which is weird because i didnt install from the start! When hit the uninstall, it also gives the same message above.

Also I noticed that in the 4 times I attempted to download, it was downloaded with 3 different file sizes. once as 4 MB, once as 6 MB and once as 7 MB.

could it be that i am using firefox for downloading? I have firefox 3.5 fully uptodate.

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Okay I have found a solution :) First of all, users must use IE. I used Firefox and I don't think the installer is utilized for anything but IE. secondly, I didn't download the file to disk: Once I clicked on the download button, I clicked on "RUN" immediately. and so it worked. hope that helps. Bilal
    • Proposed as answer by Zabalawi Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:27 AM
    • Edited by Zabalawi Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:32 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:18 AM