When can we have a phone feature that lets you answer calls? It would be really good... RRS feed

• Question

•  

...the WM5 devices I've tried (several) all work great with data but the phone is far too clunky, it's really helpful if the phone lets you answer your calls. To often it doesn't........
    Saturday, September 22, 2007 5:29 PM

All replies

•  

I agree, the phone app must have priority over all other tasks.

Sometimes it feels like many SERVICES\processes running on my WM6 TYTN get priority over the phone app.

The phone app. must have max priority.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:38 AM
  • We appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve Windows Mobile. I will keep in mind you suggestion. I would like to provide you with some background in how the phone app works. Currently the phone application runs on elevated priority compared to the rest of the apps. If for some reason it is running slow there might some external factors.

There are three basic layers of software that are responsible for delivering a call.

1) The radio drivers communicates the hardware that actually makes the call.

2) The call management layer 

3) The User Interface layer exposes the information about the call and lets the user execute actions. For example, a button that when pressed answers a call.

For a successful phone experience, these three layers need to work correctly. The first layer is specific to the hardware in your phone.  In your case, you own a TYTN.  This layer is done by the phone manufacturer, HTC. 

The second and the third layer, in most cases, is done by Microsoft.  ( I work in the third layer)   

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 3:12 AM
  •  

I`m amazed, I didn’t expect a real and caring reaction.

Thank you for your time, I hope you guys succeed making it better even on WM6 some day.
    Maybe we can make the "2 rings delay" disappear finally.

Good Luck!
    Tuesday, October 2, 2007 4:00 PM
  • No problem, thanks to you for posting your questions and feedback.

Friday, October 5, 2007 11:18 PM