Functions in OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• One thing I appreciated about McAfee or Norton was that I could do seperate scans for viruses and spyware when I wanted to.  I didn't have to have scans scheduled, I could choose when to download the updates to the program and choose when to scan on my own time.  Will OneCare do that in the next version, will it allow people to have more control over when they want to update or scan their computer?
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 3:53 PM

Answers

• OneCare integrates spyware scanning and virus scanning for the most part. There is a daily quick scan that is similar to the Defender quick scan. You can also schedule a tune-up which includes a full scan or manually run a full scan. I doubt that you will see the ability to configure your scan beyond that.

You will need to leave Tune-up enabled for a cycle of every 4 weeks at a minimum, but you can cancel if it starts at an inopportune time and then manually execute it later.

As for updates, there is no control over when to check for updates, though you can initiate a manual check whenever you want.

-steve

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 4:14 PM