none
Frontpage - Dynamic Web Templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to everyone! I'm a web designer and still using FrontPage for building and creating websites. I have recently faced a problem regarding Dynamic web pages. I have created a dynamic page and attached all my site pages to that. The main conflict came every time I wanted to make changes to the dynamic page.

I basically do the following. With the Dynamic Web Template open, on the Format menu, I point to Dynamic Web Template, and then I want to click on one of the following: Update All Pages, Update Attached Pages, but they are both unable.

Can anyone help me on that please?

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 7:47 AM

Answers

• That's a known issue with DWTs when working on a server based web, ( IIS or remote )
    and is caused by an issue with the FrontPage Extensions. The simple solution is to make your website disk based or always have all pages that use the DWT open in the editor when making changes to it or applying it.
    There is an extensions update that solves "Part" but not all of the problems
    FrontPage MVP
    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 2:18 PM

All replies

• That's a known issue with DWTs when working on a server based web, ( IIS or remote )
    and is caused by an issue with the FrontPage Extensions. The simple solution is to make your website disk based or always have all pages that use the DWT open in the editor when making changes to it or applying it.
    There is an extensions update that solves "Part" but not all of the problems
    FrontPage MVP
    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 2:18 PM
  • Thank you so much for replying!

Thursday, April 3, 2008 11:01 AM