Live Mesh is not working June-25-2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed that the Live Mesh is not working since either this AM or last night.  My files are not synced or uploaded at all.  Any suggestions?
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 4:47 AM

Answers

• I noticed that the Live Mesh is not working since either this AM or last night.  My files are not synced or uploaded at all.  Any suggestions?

I'm not aware of any issues with the Live Mesh environment that would cause this. Normally, when sync stops happening and/or news stops updating on a single PC, the advice is to reinstall Live Mesh. In the worst case, removing the machine from the mesh (at www.mesh.com) before reinstalling on the PC is required.

On the other hand, you may want to wait as there have been LiveID issues affecting Messenger, Hotmail, and other LiveID services over the weekend. You may be a victim of that problem.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, June 28, 2010 2:53 PM

All replies

• Strange, my Live Mesh is still operating fine. I guess at this point, it's time to start recommending that you migrate from Live Mesh to Live Sync Beta; as described here: http://www.mesh.com.

I'm sure some other people who still use this forum, may be able to provide some troubleshooting tips for Live Mesh.

ShadowXVII | http://www.shadowsplace.net
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 5:38 AM

I'm not aware of any issues with the Live Mesh environment that would cause this. Normally, when sync stops happening and/or news stops updating on a single PC, the advice is to reinstall Live Mesh. In the worst case, removing the machine from the mesh (at www.mesh.com) before reinstalling on the PC is required.

On the other hand, you may want to wait as there have been LiveID issues affecting Messenger, Hotmail, and other LiveID services over the weekend. You may be a victim of that problem.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, June 28, 2010 2:53 PM