none
Displaced Avatar RRS feed

• Question

• There was some change in the formatting today that causes the avatar to be misplaced on some forums (not all)  when the thread is expanded (either in Forum view or Thread view) when viewed on FireFox 2 (or SeaMonkey 1).

Previously the avatar was shown to the left of the screen name and the medals. Now the avatar is placed to the left of the screen name, but above the medals, which causes the avatar to poke out above the bounding box into the post above.

I know FireFox 2 is not a target browser, but it was working fine before (with a couple of manageable quirks).

A forum that I see this on is Visual C++ Language.
    David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    • Edited by davewilk Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:01 AM typo
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 1:57 AM

Answers

• We changed the formatting to put affiliation on its own line between display name and medals. Looks like this introduced a little bit of avatar misplacement. We'll try to get this fixed in our next update.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:59 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Now it seems to be happening on all the forums that I use.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:45 PM
  • We changed the formatting to put affiliation on its own line between display name and medals. Looks like this introduced a little bit of avatar misplacement. We'll try to get this fixed in our next update.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:59 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, Brent, I am a SeaMonkey (Mozilla Suite ) user, and SeaMonkey has not yet moved to the FireFox 3 rendering engine. SeaMonkey 2 (hopefully out soon) will use the FireFox 3 engine.

While you are at it (!), the main thing that has always been wrong for V4 on FireFox 2 is that the arrow for expanding the thread in forum view is missing (fortunately you can expand the thread by clicking to the right of the thread subject -- don't change this, I like it!).

Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:25 AM