crm2013: problem with 1:n lookups withe using filtered data (views) on both sides of the lookup. Only the lookupside will work. on subgrid side there are no data filtered. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i have some Problems, understanding the filters on both sides of the forms of an 1:n Connection.

On 1 side i have the lookup. This side works. I use the formeditor, open the lookup and under additional Features i choose the Standard view i want, and the regulate / control the data i want to see, if i click on the lookup, by give the view (filter) i want, under standardview.

But this seens not to work for the other side of the Connection (the sugrid) on the conneted form of the other entity.
    There is no filter Chosen, so i get a bis amount of data showed and not only the one, which i have filtered in the view.

Did i understand something wrong or is this not possible, or can i regulate this (the filter of the subgrid) with some js?

THX, Greets Pit

Monday, July 21, 2014 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The 1:N relationship works something like this. Let us consider an example where there are N Contacts for 1 Account.

So for this, when you go to Contact form, you'll see a lookup of Account. By clicking on the lookup you will see a default view of Account, which you can change and accordingly the Account records displayed will change. Then you can go ahead and select an Account record and save the Contact. Basically what you've done right now is associate 1 Contact with the Account. You can associate N number of such Contacts with the Account. Hence Contact is on the "N" side.

Let's consider the reverse now. When you go to Account, you'll most likely find a Contact link in the left navigation (if you're using CRM 2011) or in the navigation bar above (if you're using CRM 2013). Clicking this will give you a view of Contacts where, by default, all the Contacts associated with that Account are displayed (this is called the Associated View of Contact). However, you can change the view here as well and see the Contact records change accordingly.

I hope I was able to clear your doubts.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Monday, July 21, 2014 12:09 PM
  • hi ...

i think i was wrong with my question, sorry.

Monday, July 21, 2014 1:09 PM