Could not load type 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.SeTransactionFlags' from assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=9.0.242.0, Cult RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this error message while trying to run the sample from syncSDK BOL entitled - Getting Started: Client and Server Synchronization

Could not load type 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.SeTransactionFlags' from assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'.

This occurs at the line -

SampleSyncAgent sampleSyncAgent = new SampleSyncAgent();

This is in the Complete Code Example.

Now if I run the example found here http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726015(SQL.100).aspx?s=26

it won't compile with the mesages:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'SyncTable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\cotterh\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\SynchronizationServices\SynchronizationServices\Program.cs 71 13 SynchronizationServices

Error 2 The type or namespace name 'SyncTable' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\cotterh\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\SynchronizationServices\SynchronizationServices\Program.cs 71 47 SynchronizationServices

Error 3 The name 'TableCreationOption' does not exist in the current context C:\Documents and Settings\cotterh\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\SynchronizationServices\SynchronizationServices\Program.cs 72 48 SynchronizationServices

and 7 more errors.

I then get the warning at the bottom saying:

Warning 11 Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly. SynchronizationServices

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:00 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Monday, February 11, 2008 8:18 PM

Answers

• Good to see things are working.

Please noticed that the 2.0 version of the sync services will need sql compact 3.5 SP1. other wise you will get exceptions for loading the assembly.

thanks

Yunwen

Sunday, July 13, 2008 12:47 AM

All replies

• Did you download the Synchronization Server binaries?  If not you can get them from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7849B34F-67AB-481F-A5A5-4990597B0297&displaylang=en.

Then , try to compile your code again.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thanks

Monday, February 11, 2008 11:09 PM
    Answerer
  • I am also suffering from this problem and I have downloaded the latest binaries.   Anyone with any other thoughts?

Friday, May 9, 2008 10:26 PM
  •  

Thought this isssue was already resolved. could you please provide the entire exception here ? and along with a list of what sync service components were installed on the machine, and what was loaded under the debugger prior hitting this exception ?

thanks

Yuwnen

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:01 AM
  • Hi

I had the same type of exception when i first try the samples founds on the net. Since i use this assembly those exceptions never occurs again :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5\Devices\System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll

I hope it will resolve your problem

Sam
    Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:32 AM
  • Did you ever find out what the problem was? I am experiencing the same thing!

Friday, July 11, 2008 5:52 PM
  • I re-installed visual studio sp1 and it all started to work. 

good luck

Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:56 PM
  • Good to see things are working.

Please noticed that the 2.0 version of the sync services will need sql compact 3.5 SP1. other wise you will get exceptions for loading the assembly.

thanks

Yunwen

Sunday, July 13, 2008 12:47 AM