Project not Displaying in Project Center View RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project that is not displaying in the project center view or any view but when I run a report, the project still exists with all the data.  I don't have any filters on either.  What do I need to do to get all projects in the system to display in the views?

Khurram,

Even as an Administrator, the project does not appear in the project center view.  I don't know quite where to look in the tables but if there are no resources in the plan, would that make the project unviewable in the project center?

Monday, April 18, 2011 1:56 PM

Answers

• HI,

the resource point i have mentioned was applicable in case you are not logged-in to the PWA using Administrator credentials.

Since you are already using Admin account, lets first check if the Project really exist in the Project Server:

• go to the server settings, under the Database Administration click on Delete Enterprise Objects
    • make sure that Projects are selected from the first set options, and Delete Projects from Draft and Published Databases is selected from the second set of options
    • browse the list of project there, see if the Project in question really exist.
    • if you will find the Project, check the version of the project.
    • IF its working, you need to open and publish the project and that will resolve your issue.

If above doesnt work then:

• go to the server settings, go to Manage Views
    • Under the Project Center View, click on the default Summary view
    • make sure that no filter is applied and under the categories My organization category is selected.

Let me know if this helps you.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Log in to the PWA using the Administrator id/pwd and you should able to see all the projects in Project Center. Then for the user you are unable to view the Project, verify if the user is part of the resource team of that project, and the project is also been published and not saved as draft in the server.

let me know if this works for you.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Monday, April 18, 2011 2:01 PM
  • Hi cseaman1210,

If you have sufficient permission to see project and then you are not able to see your project then it may be possible that in your project center you have selected different view so can you change your view to summary view.

regards

Avinash kumar
    Monday, April 18, 2011 2:12 PM
  • Hi.

The problom may be in users permissions.

For default, for example, team members can view only projects where they have assignments or where they are in project team. Is also possible that there are filters on RBS (look in manage groups and manage categories).

Try to log in as administrator: for default, the administrator don't have filters and can view all projects and resources.

Hope to help.

Monday, April 18, 2011 2:49 PM
  • Do you use any Master Projects?  If so, the subprojects could be hidden from view.  Make sure the "Subprojects" check box is checked-in in the top right area of the Project Center ribbon.

• Proposed as answer by Drew Walden Monday, April 18, 2011 5:51 PM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 5:51 PM
  • Khurram already answered part of your question, wherein you need to check the user permission, now to your next question "what do i do to get all projects in view" , Edit the user in Server Settings >> Assign user "My Organization" category and set permission accordingly with predefined template, to start with use Administrator (Assuming that default groups & categories are still default and has not been modified), also make sure within the view in which you are going to check, there is no filter applied

Once set, navigate to project center and check, it should be there, let us know if this works    

Also let us know what kind of report are you executing where you are getting the project

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Monday, April 18, 2011 6:00 PM
  • Khurram,

Even as an Administrator, the project does not appear in the project center view.  I don't know quite where to look in the tables but if there are no resources in the plan, would that make the project unviewable in the project center?

Monday, April 18, 2011 7:11 PM
  • HI,

the resource point i have mentioned was applicable in case you are not logged-in to the PWA using Administrator credentials.

Since you are already using Admin account, lets first check if the Project really exist in the Project Server:

• go to the server settings, under the Database Administration click on Delete Enterprise Objects
    • make sure that Projects are selected from the first set options, and Delete Projects from Draft and Published Databases is selected from the second set of options
    • browse the list of project there, see if the Project in question really exist.
    • if you will find the Project, check the version of the project.
    • IF its working, you need to open and publish the project and that will resolve your issue.

If above doesnt work then:

• go to the server settings, go to Manage Views
    • Under the Project Center View, click on the default Summary view
    • make sure that no filter is applied and under the categories My organization category is selected.

Let me know if this helps you.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:07 AM