Lead not deactivating due to workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was hoping someone could offer me some help please? I have created a workflow which you can see below.  The aim of the workflow is to make sure that the lead does not get removed once the status is changed, the problem I have now is that if I disqualify the lead its not getting deactivated and is still appearing in the view?  If I deactivate the workflow and disqualify the lead it gets removed.

What would be the best way around this? many thanks.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:01 AM

Answers

• You have two big problems here:
    1) your workflow is triggered by a change of status, and then the actions change the status, leading to a circular operation. You need to include a conditional check as the first line to only run the workflow if it is in a status you want to change it from, not for any status

2) your logic seems completely contrary - when you disqualify a Lead this is setting an inactive status. An inactive lead can be qualified or disqualified. A Lead with a status reason of "Contacted" is Open, so it will still show up in your view of Active leads when your workflow runs and "re-opens" it (note that the workflow is called "Re-Activate Lead" and does what it says on the tin).

When the status is changed (eg by being disqualified) it is not "removed", just marked as disqualified so that it can be filtered out of the views of active leads still to be pursued. You can view it any time in the view for disqualified leads.

You seem to want to disqualify a lead and yet keep it open at the same time, which is contradictory. Can you try to explain your scenario a bit more clearly?

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

• Marked as answer by ClarkKent786 Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:23 AM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:04 PM