Need to start transaction before commit / -2147220911 / plugin MS CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I can't figure out with the following error:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: Need to start a transaction before commitDetail:
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147220911</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>Need to start a transaction before commit</Message>
      <Timestamp>2015-08-12T07:53:59.7922065Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>

This happens in a plugin on Post-Operation in  Asynchronous & Synchronous mode.

The aim of this code is to move a code from a queue to another.

In the case from, i have a custom button that reactivates the case. This button launches my plugin & set the lookup field Queue to the default user's queue.

I tried to register the plugin in asynchronous or synchronous mode with no success..always the same error.

When I triy to update another kind of field (ie: dropdown) using the same code, it works fine :(

If anyone has an idea, i would appreciate a lot :D

Thanks for your help.

shoera

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:03 AM

All replies

• Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:22 AM
  • Hello,

Here's my code:

IPluginExecutionContext _context = (IPluginExecutionContext)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IPluginExecutionContext));
                ITracingService _tracingService = (ITracingService)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(ITracingService));

IOrganizationServiceFactory wod_serviceFactory = wod_serviceFactory = (IOrganizationServiceFactory)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IOrganizationServiceFactory));
                IOrganizationService _crmService = wod_serviceFactory.CreateOrganizationService(_context.UserId);

EntityReference incidentRef = (EntityReference)_context.InputParameters["EntityMoniker"];
                OptionSetValue state = (OptionSetValue)_context.InputParameters["State"];
                OptionSetValue status = (OptionSetValue)_context.InputParameters["Status"];

//get PreImage
                Entity PreImage = (Entity)_context.PreEntityImages["PreImage"];

if (state != null && state.Value == 0)
                {

//move to another queue
                    Entity incidentToUpdate = new Entity("incident");

incidentToUpdate = _crmService.Retrieve(PreImage.LogicalName, PreImage.Id, new ColumnSet(true));

incidentToUpdate["ktb_queue"] = new EntityReference("queue", new Guid("765EE664-23F2-E311-A1BC-00237D31D7E6"));

incidentToUpdate["ktb_cards"] = true;

_crmService.Update(incidentToUpdate);
                }

}

thanks in advance,

shoera

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:45 AM
  • Hello,

Do you have any plugins that handle update of ktb_queue and/or ktb_cards fields?

Also I suggest to rewrite your code to remove unneeded read:

IPluginExecutionContext _context = (IPluginExecutionContext)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IPluginExecutionContext));
                ITracingService _tracingService = (ITracingService)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(ITracingService));

IOrganizationServiceFactory wod_serviceFactory = wod_serviceFactory = (IOrganizationServiceFactory)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IOrganizationServiceFactory));
                IOrganizationService _crmService = wod_serviceFactory.CreateOrganizationService(_context.UserId);

EntityReference incidentRef = (EntityReference)_context.InputParameters["EntityMoniker"];
                OptionSetValue state = (OptionSetValue)_context.InputParameters["State"];
                OptionSetValue status = (OptionSetValue)_context.InputParameters["Status"];

if (state != null && state.Value == 0)
                {

//move to another queue
                    Entity incidentToUpdate = new Entity("incident")
                    {
                    	Id = incidentRef.Id
                    };
                    incidentToUpdate["ktb_queue"] = new EntityReference("queue", new Guid("765EE664-23F2-E311-A1BC-00237D31D7E6"));
                    incidentToUpdate["ktb_cards"] = true;
                    _crmService.Update(incidentToUpdate);
                }

}

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9:02 AM
  • Hello,

Thank u for your reply but I get the same error.

It's quite difficult for me to find form which step the error occurs. (No doc...)

Anyway, there're 8 plugins on the entity incident.

1) ChangeOwner -> no step inside so i guess it's no longer in use ??? Plz, correct me if i'm wrong :-)

2) PostCreate -> Step (Event=Post-Operation, Execution Mode=Synchronous)

3) PostUpdae -> no step inside

4) PostUpdateAssync -> Step(Event=Post-Operation, Execution Mode=Synchronous)

5) Pre -> Create Step(Event=Pre-Operation, Execution Mode=Synchronous)

-> Update Step(Event=Post-Operation, Execution Mode=Synchronous)

6) PreUpdate -> Update Step(Event=Post-Operation, Execution Mode=Synchronous)

7) ReActivate -> SetState of incident Step(Event=Post-Operation, Execution Mode=Asynchronous)

-> SetStateDynamicEntity Step(Event=Post-Operation, Execution Mode=Synchronous)

8) RemoveWorkOn -> No step

The error occurs in in the SetStateDynamicEntity.

Thanks in Advance

Thursday, August 13, 2015 6:58 AM
  • I believe issue comes from one of 2 following:

5) Pre ->  Update Step(Event=Post-Operation, Execution Mode=Synchronous)

6) PreUpdate -> Update Step(Event=Post-Operation, Execution Mode=Synchronous)

Try to disable one of and reproduce your scenario. And after that I will need to see the source code of mentioned plugins.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:06 AM