Cannort change the syncronizing client RRS feed

• Question

• I am traveling and desperately need to change my laptop to be the synchronizing client.  But no matter how many times I set it to be the sync client, it won't take.  I go to File>CRM>Options>Set this computer to be the sync client and click OK and the dialog closes.  Reopen it and it's unchecked again.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:43 AM

Answers

• There could be any number of reasons why you are experiencing the issue.  You can check the MSCRM log files on the machine to see if any errors are reported, ensure Outlook is not in Offline mode if you are using the offline Outlook client feature, run CRM diagnostics and see if any of those point you in the direction to identify the issue.

Another option, that might be faster, is to delete the Org from the Configuration Wizard and reconnect to see if that corrects the issue. 

If deleting the Org and re-adding it or checking all the other suggestions I provided, does not correct the issue, then you might need to do a complete uninstall of the CRM Outlook client, to include deleting the MSCRM folder in both the roaming and local directory (after you uninstall the Outlook Client), remove the SQL database folder (if you have configured offline client feature) and reinstall the Outlook Client.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by David Feynman Saturday, July 6, 2013 8:55 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:26 PM

All replies

• Please close Outlook and open the CRM Outlook Client Configuration wizard.  Select the Org you want to be the synchronizing Org and select edit.  Select the synchronizing checkbox from there.  If it is not available, you might need to delete any other Orgs you have listed.  Once you take that action you should be able to set the remaining Org to synchronize.  If that does not work, check your security role  in CRM and ensure you have privileges to synchronize.

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:36 AM
  • My security role is admin and "synchronizing organization" is green in the configuration wizard and "synchronize within this organization" is selected.  There have never been any issues setting this laptop to sync until now.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:12 PM
  • There could be any number of reasons why you are experiencing the issue.  You can check the MSCRM log files on the machine to see if any errors are reported, ensure Outlook is not in Offline mode if you are using the offline Outlook client feature, run CRM diagnostics and see if any of those point you in the direction to identify the issue.

Another option, that might be faster, is to delete the Org from the Configuration Wizard and reconnect to see if that corrects the issue. 

If deleting the Org and re-adding it or checking all the other suggestions I provided, does not correct the issue, then you might need to do a complete uninstall of the CRM Outlook client, to include deleting the MSCRM folder in both the roaming and local directory (after you uninstall the Outlook Client), remove the SQL database folder (if you have configured offline client feature) and reinstall the Outlook Client.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by David Feynman Saturday, July 6, 2013 8:55 PM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:26 PM