product key RRS feed

• Question

• i like to re install my Windows. i got my CD but i lose my product key. is it possible to get my old Product key on my current Windows?

Friday, November 5, 2010 3:47 AM

Answers

• Hello chukicay,

It's not on the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) affixed to the computer (if an OEM installation)?

Did you lose the retail package?  If you have a retail license, it's printed on a yellow-orange Proof of License sticker affixed to the last page of the heavy plastic-coated paperboard CD holder folder that's inside the retail package.

If all else fails, you can try a keyfinder utility such as the Magical Jellybean Keyfinder or Belarc Advisor.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:26 PM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hello chukicay,

It's not on the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) affixed to the computer (if an OEM installation)?

Did you lose the retail package?  If you have a retail license, it's printed on a yellow-orange Proof of License sticker affixed to the last page of the heavy plastic-coated paperboard CD holder folder that's inside the retail package.

If all else fails, you can try a keyfinder utility such as the Magical Jellybean Keyfinder or Belarc Advisor.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:26 PM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 5:39 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:26 PM