Dynamics Career RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, I'm a Logistics graduate working as a Stock-Controller in the UK. I wish to start a career in Dynamics and I need your suggestions on where and how should I start. I don't have any previous IT experience.
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:25 PM

Answers

• Hi All, I'm a Logistics graduate working as a Stock-Controller in the UK. I wish to start a career in Dynamics and I need your suggestions on where and how should I start. I don't have any previous IT experience.

First of all, keep on applying for entry level IT jobs, regardless of where or not it's related to Dynamics - it's easier to move around in IT once you're in the field.

Second of all, start looking and doing the entry level professional certifications, eg Comptia A+, Comptia Network+, and the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certs (OS fundamentals, Server fundamentals, Networking Fundamentals, Security Fundamentals).  Once you gain experience, then look at the MCTS/MCITP.

If you can (whether it's financial or if there avaialble) look at either an apprenticeship post or a post that includes NVQ training.

In the UK, there are also two groups of people (among others), one group is pro-membership into a professional organisation (eg BCS, IET) and one group that isn't.  Personally I'm a member of one, and I believe that it's benefical to be a member (as I've got my chartered status), as it shows that you support the IT profession and that you follow a code of conduct.

-Ken 

-Ken | http://ken.wagnerfamily.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:09 AM
    Sunday, August 14, 2011 4:50 AM