CRM Service is fetching data and not updating or creating RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

Please note that I am using MS CRM 2011 on premise and I have noticed that the CRM web service is only fetching data and not able to do the update, create and delete actions. It throws an exception "Object is not set to an instance of an object". It is occurring in all the plugins and applications.

This started to happen after updating the Domain Controller.

any help?

Best Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:52 PM

Answers

• Due to some deployment issues, I had some duplicated SDK Messages on the plugins which encountered this error.

The issue is solved after removing the duplicated SDK Messages using the Registration tool.

• Marked as answer by Joe Mouawad Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:14 AM
    Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

please try to change business unit of a user , or remove all roles and add the roles back in after deactivating the user. Just to exclude the possibility of permissions.

if that works, you may have to reimport the organization to update the users.

this is with assumption that pdc had some modifications.

regards,

Jithesh

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:41 PM
  • Dear Jitesh,

Thank you for your reply, the user is the System administrator so I cannot deactivate it as you mentioned. I restored the DB before the DC was changed and everything works fine then whenever I initiate an import for a new solution (Exported after the DC changes) the issue appear again. Are they any credentials or privileges saved in the CRM Database which are refreshed after installing a new solution?

It is not only in the CRM Application itself, every application using the CRM Web service to update, create or delete any data on CRM gives the same error. It is only able to fetch.

Could it be plugins or custom activities affecting this?

Best Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

• Edited by Joe Mouawad Thursday, September 11, 2014 5:04 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:57 AM
  • hi Joe,

user ids get re mapped to new organisation during the data import.

another user can be made system administrator for a while when original system administrator is deactivated.

what update was done on the pdc? Is there a possibility of sid of users changing?

regards

Jithesh

Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Dear Jitesh,

The whole Domain Controller was updated so after deploying a new solution with new assemblies, it seems that the CRM re-registered the assemblies (plugins and custom activities) with the updated DC and then the problems started to occur.

I have tried to install a solution without assemblies and it is working fine.

As for the SID, there was no change.

any advise?

Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:45 AM
  • unless you have specified the plugins to run on a specific user's context, I do not see any issue.

this needs someone with more knowledge than me. You could try to restore a backup of current database into a new. Organization and try to see if organization import will fix the issue.

please call a support request with Microsoft.

good luck Mate.

regards,

Jithesh

Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:52 AM
  • Dear Jithesh,

Thank you for your support.

The plugins are registered with System and other user accounts and all having the same issue.

I have tried the restore and re-import organization and still it persists.

Hence I will have no choice than to contact Microsoft Support.

Best Regards,

Joe Mouawad.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:11 AM
  • hi Joe,

is this the same Problem like this you reported?

Link

Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:30 AM
  • Hi Tobias,

Yes it is and I replied that this issue is occurring on all the plugins using the CRM Organization Service to perform an action.

Best regards,

Joe Mouawad.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:16 AM
  • Due to some deployment issues, I had some duplicated SDK Messages on the plugins which encountered this error.

The issue is solved after removing the duplicated SDK Messages using the Registration tool.

• Marked as answer by Joe Mouawad Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:14 AM
    Saturday, September 13, 2014 8:13 AM