first unresponsive systems second lsass.exe errors Please Help RRS feed

• Question

• I've posted in this section because theres no other section to post it *Please Read*
    Hi I have a Windows Xp Home Edition Computer with Service Pack 2 recently my computer started to stop responding after logging on so I uninstalled the program "Motorola Phone Tools" with safe mode because I had installed it just before the problem began but windows would still stop responding so I selected the "Last Known Good Configuration" option from the Windows Boot Menu but it restored my computer to a state when I had a Windows XP startup password.I remember the password which was 197041 but when I type it into the startup password dialog the error message below appers,
    "lass.exe System Error
             When trying to update a password this return status indicates that the value provived is not correct"
    I tried to use the instuctions from the Knowledge Base article 307545 but when I loaded the recovery console it asked me for my administartior password so I typed it in and pressed enter but it said that my password was incorrect. Please Help
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 2:03 PM

Answers