none
How to fix An exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred in System.Web.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this exception and code debug execution breaks but I have turned off all "break when thrown" exceptions but am still getting this break in code execution. Does anyone know what causes this and how to stop it. The detail do not show any specifics on what is happening. During testing, the code stops execution a number of times due to this error and it is becoming rather annoying to continue execution each time.
    • Moved by Breeze Liu Monday, April 9, 2018 5:56 AM off topic
    Friday, March 30, 2018 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hi  rdaviddd,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! Please utilize tagging when posting to this forum, thanks!

What's your project type? Are you developing a UWP app? Could you provide the detailed info to help us see it?

Best Regards,

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 9:12 AM
  • Thanks ... I will do that from now on and my 'tag' posts ...

It is a Visual Studio 2017 web application that is being deployed to live hosting servers when compiled. The problem only happens when running the application in debug mode from a local IIS server and only on certain pages and operation. I realize that when the application is compiled and deployed to a hosting server it still may be happening but is apparently being ignored and just continues execution of code. It occurs three or four times when certain pages are loaded and requires you to select continue each time to finish loading the page and debug the code. The problem is it has no indication of whether the problem is with the code in the application or somewhere else that is causing it and no suggestions of what is needed to be done to fix it and stop it from happening when debugging.

Thanks for any suggestion you can give me on this!

Thursday, April 5, 2018 8:22 PM
  • Hi   rdaviddd,

According to your question is more related to ASP.NET, I suggest you can go to the ASP.NET Forum for suitable help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 9, 2018 6:01 AM