Microsoft Office 2008 Mac OSX heeeeeeelppppppp RRS feed

• Question

• So here is the deal, I have office 2008 and every-time I try to open any of the apps the setup assistant snaps on, asks if I want to share in the experience of 2008, there is an icon for registration, and one for learn more, now if I click learn more it opens safari to mactopia which is fine, if I click on register it tries to open a page that never loads up all the way, if I do nothing and click finish, setup closes and auto update automatically opens displays no available updates cause I did them already. So I quit auto update and just when you think the app will actually open: nothing happens.

Now I used to have 2004 but it started crashing immediately and I didn't have the install disks to reload, so I bought 2008 Small business edition (not the student addition.)

I loaded it, it worked fine, four days later it crashed, so I deleted all the apps and microsoft related hooplah and reloaded it, now I am in the above described hate triangle with me, the auto update and the setup assistant.

Does anybody know what I should do.  
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 9:42 PM

Answers