Install of OCS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone actually installed the released version.  The install is nothing like the beta.  Do I really need to modify active directory and require the use of AD administrators?  This seems a bit much.  I don't even see anything in the documentation about speech server.  Am I missing something...

Thanks,

Martial

Monday, September 10, 2007 6:56 PM

Answers

• MSS is on a separate disk so no, it isn't directly launcheable via the OCS 2007 install.

Speech Server 2007 is released and available, if you have OCS 2007, you should have the Speech Server 2007 disk.

The link I provided is for the released version of Speech Server 2007.

Monday, September 10, 2007 9:55 PM

All replies

• Are you trying to install Speech Server Only?

If so, it is just like the beta, you can get the bits from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=BB183640-4B8F-4828-80C9-E83C3B2E7A2C&displaylang=en

Monday, September 10, 2007 7:04 PM
  • Yes, speech server only.  So I take it that speech server is not included with the OCS 2007 install.  Are you suggesting that I will need to push the beta download into a production server environment?  Do you know if there will be a released version of speech server 2007 any time in the near future?   

Monday, September 10, 2007 7:10 PM
  • MSS is on a separate disk so no, it isn't directly launcheable via the OCS 2007 install.

Speech Server 2007 is released and available, if you have OCS 2007, you should have the Speech Server 2007 disk.

The link I provided is for the released version of Speech Server 2007.

Monday, September 10, 2007 9:55 PM
  • Hi Martial,

It comes on the disks for OCS but it is a sperate install. You don't need to install OCS or do any of the AD stuff you referrrd to.

If you still have problems call me next week after I get back in town. I'll be glad to help.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 8:47 PM