Problem uploading whitepaper.......advice plz..!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Well....am using MS Office 2007 and my whitepapers are not getting uploaded....it says .doc only...and using MSword 2007,no matter what format im saving it in....its still not getting uploaded...either the size gets too big<whn in rtf> or it says format not supported....any suggestions...??
    Sunday, September 16, 2007 6:09 AM

All replies

• @Vandana

Try converting the document to a pdf. You can convert the docx online at http://www.pdfonline.com Usually it is common practise to submit whitepapers in a non-editable format like pdf. Hope this solves your problem.

Sunday, September 16, 2007 7:17 AM
  • Try saving in 97-2003 word format because by default office 2007 saves in .docx format which is not supported and make sure the size is less than one MB. Moreover you could even get a pluging for office 2007 called save as pdf/xps form this plugin you could generate pdf files also.
    Sunday, September 16, 2007 9:15 AM
  • in MS office 2007 its saves as .docx...so try to save as different file format (.doc) or try to convert to pdf with this free PDF converter http://www.pdf995.com/ - no ads ..no tags ....full free....software ...

Sunday, September 16, 2007 4:48 PM
  • Man you will find an option when you try to do SAVE AS, to save it in the MICROSOFT WORD (97-2000) format. do that, and the extension of that file will be .doc, and it will be accepted.

you can also try converting it into pdf, as friends above have suggested.
    Sunday, September 16, 2007 5:12 PM
  • ppl.....i've tried converting it into word 97-2003 format.....even b4 i put up the post.....i'll try converting it to pdf.....thanx 4 helpin out...!! adios...!!!
    Monday, September 17, 2007 2:04 AM
  • it`s not doc it`s maybe docx file try to use sum converter or save with .doc file in office.

Monday, September 17, 2007 6:07 AM
  • Tried everything....but nothings working.....i donno if im just plain stupid....<<probably!!!>>or thers some prob with the thing...!!!! Close 2 giving up....but still tryin....am a solider
    Monday, September 17, 2007 2:25 PM
  • Saving it as .doc file doesnt work...and i tried that convert 2 pdf file ka site...but a prob in that too....when i upload and click on convert....it says "cannot convert to pdf" !!!!!!!!
    Monday, September 17, 2007 2:27 PM
  • Aare save it into Word 97-2003 format

You can also make this the default format by changing the properties which you get after clicking the office button on the top left corner of the screen and then selecting the appropriate option from the resulting menu...
    Monday, September 17, 2007 3:14 PM