How to check if my license is activated in PS ? RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to activate the license from the sharepoint central admin and below are the sequence of actions

1. When I gave the Sharepoint enterprise key (considering I need to activate sharepoint first), it asked me to put in a right PS key

2. Guessing that the PS key would be a superset for SP key, I gave the PS key and it took around 4-5 mts and returned failure message. Checking the USL said that there is an access issue to the server

3. I retried by logging in as the sysname\admin and tried again., Failure this time again

4. From then on, the Product Key textbox and OK button are disabled.

I am confused if the key is activated or not. Where can I check this ?

Thanks

Suru

Thursday, May 27, 2010 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hello Suru,

What version of SharePoint and Project Serve are you running?

Did the SharePoint installation complete?  Can you access Central Admin?

Be sure that you installed SharePoint with the "Enterprise Key" and not the "Standard Key".  I did this by mistake and I had something similar.  I have both the "Enterprise Key" and "Stand Key" on my MSDN list, and basically my eye moved over to the standard.

To fix the problem, I basically drilled downed the SharePoint Central Admin and upgraded my SharePoint to Enterprise.  See if that will fix your problem.  Again, once I did that, the Project Server key was accepted.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hello Suru,

What version of SharePoint and Project Serve are you running?

Did the SharePoint installation complete?  Can you access Central Admin?

Be sure that you installed SharePoint with the "Enterprise Key" and not the "Standard Key".  I did this by mistake and I had something similar.  I have both the "Enterprise Key" and "Stand Key" on my MSDN list, and basically my eye moved over to the standard.

To fix the problem, I basically drilled downed the SharePoint Central Admin and upgraded my SharePoint to Enterprise.  See if that will fix your problem.  Again, once I did that, the Project Server key was accepted.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 6:57 PM
  • Hi Wharton - Thanks.,

I was running all 2010 versions. And yes, I had upgraded to ent edition. Now everthing seems to work.,

regards

Suru

Thursday, June 3, 2010 5:59 AM