none
Problem activate Window XP SP3 RC2 RRS feed

• Question

• I update window using the release candidate 2 hacking method to download Window XP Service Pack 3 to my desktop and laptop computer.My laptop activate the window using internet with no problem.But my desktop PC say that activate with this window product key has been exceeded and tell me to enter new key.My previous window's version is ACTIVATE and is GENUINE(i don't know,if i can update from microsoft and can go throgh validation test,is this call genuine?)but without COA and CD(pre-installed have these?).I will THANKS who are able to answer my question.
    Friday, March 21, 2008 1:53 PM

All replies

• Assuming you have a different Windows XP product key (license) for your desktop and laptop computers, you'll need to use the alternate procedure to "activate by phone"

How to activate Windows XP by phone:

To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click 'Start', point to 'All Programs', point to 'Accessories', point to 'System Tools', and then click 'Activate Windows'.
        Or,
        click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area (aka system Tray).
        Or,
        clicking Start button, then Run, and type in "oobe/msoobe /a", then press the Enter key located on your keyboard.

2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.  

3. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.

4. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.
        "You have successfully activated your copy of Windows".  

How to activate Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890/en-us

Please note: I am not a Microsoft employee...only a voluntary forum contributor.
    Friday, July 11, 2008 8:16 PM